• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Federal Farm Assistance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Federal Farm Assistance

This morning the Regina Leader-Post is claiming that the feds are set to announce a national assistance package of more than $600 million for grains and oilseed producers.

You can read the story at: www.canada.com/regina/leaderpost/news/story.html?id=6d2b0f8a-707f-4e38-bd7b-cf44bf1edb4f

If the CAIS program had been set up correctly? at the start, we wouldn't need a pre-election bailout would we?

Comment

Would Reform / conservatives offer the same package if they are elected? What is their agenda for CAIS? Questions we need to ask now.

Comment

77,sorry to see that you`d miss the nipple.........Such a proud Canuck!!!!I`m thinking if we had a change of gov`t we could actually earn our way with less bureaucracy.

Comment

THis should be another reminder that political pressure has and always will dictate farm policy. Historically, every time there has been disasters, or governments searching for votes; money has flowed to farmers. IF we coupled this with the millions wasted on designing, developing and administering all the failed programs such as CAIS and its predecessors, the farmers might actually see a decent chunk of cash from government.

Comment

When things are going bad, it is hard for me to not gladly take some help from the taxpayers at large.

However, how much money would it really take out of the federal pockets to enhance the packing capacity, value added grain processing, or alternative uses for agri products? I won't say they don't give any cash to these areas, but a little more even investment in these areas might? lessen the need for big time bailouts.

Unless you are right in that the reason we have the big bailouts is to make us forget all the political shenanigans.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.