• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does this mean?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this mean?

Stopped in at my local farm supply store to pick up a few things and on the counter was this form letter you were supposed to send to Horner about proposed changes to the way drugs and vet services were handled?
    Now I sort of glanced at it while I was shooting the breeze with this farmer but didn't read it real carefully. I believe it said that all things like surgerys, preg testing, needling etc. would not be allowed except by a vet? Not sure if that meant for yourself too, or if you do it for free for the neighbor..or what? Does this mean I am breaking the law if I pull the neighbors calf or cut his calves?...Or my own?
    I know someone else was talking about this stuff earlier but I think it was about horses or something?
    By the way what do you think of this Horner? It seems to me he might be a little weird but I don't really know? He looks weird.

cowman all this stems from an issue where a lay person was doing dental work on horses and was sued by the veterinarians association and they association lost. They are now concerned that any layperson will be performing tasks that should be left for the professionals.

Comment

...they talked about this subject at the local abp meeting last night...there was a resolution made concerning the practice of animal husbandry...

Comment

I said when they apointed horner to the ag ministry that we were in trouble he has NO experence with farming he was given the ministry because he is Hugh Horners son . If this is the best person in the govmt for the position then we are in deep trouble of course after Shirly one wonders if it can get worse.

Comment

Horse, Horner is allowing a few beaurocrats to run the AAFRD show, and some of what they are doing will come back to haunt the government if somebody doesn't get things under control pretty soon. Same is happening in Health, and lord knows where else .Trouble is that these ' messes' are being uncovered so fast and furious that the opposition doesn't have time to make all of them public. The fact is that the premier is placing trust in his Ministers to run their departments and they have abdicated their responsiblity to non elected staff.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...