• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

calving barn

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calving barn

I am curently building a calving barn . For the interior ceiling I was hoping to attach 30 gauge galvalum high rib metal directly to the rafter bottom cord then put blown in insulation on top of that has anyone done this? I spoke with the manufacture of the metal and they say they have no testing done on this.The rafter spacing 47 inches

Our farm shop ceiling is done exactly that way,six years ago, with rafters on 48' on center and metal screwed ,at every rib,to the bottom of the truss. The lumber yard we bought the building package suggested doing the ceiling that way and I know of several buildings done the same way. The person who blew the insulation in was small and would step right on the metal left no dents or sags, I suggest leaving 3 or 4 boards up in the ceiling to lay out for planking for getting around up there. Check prices of having some one come and blow in the insulation,in our case they could buy there insulation much cheaper, than we could, so there bill including labor was only slightly over what we could get the insulation for.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...