• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gomery: Fact, Fiction or just P.R.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gomery: Fact, Fiction or just P.R.

I can hardly wait till tomorrow morning to hear the summary of this public relations exercise. Just remember people when you are listening to it that it has already cost us 300 million dollars. Now with my great faith in government accounting practices if they admit to 300 million then it likely cost closer to 1 billion dollars if everything was figured in. Just think of all the liberal spin artists that have been working overtime for the last year trying to play down every disclosure. I guess I am just cynical but I don't think it will make a dam bit of difference, all that will happen is that who ever forms the next government will just be a lot more careful how they abscond with even more government monies illegally and more than that unethically. The next thing that really bothers me is that even if the liberals are defeated the next bunch will carry on with the debacle. Wish I could be more optimistic but have heard the same malarkey way to many different times from too many different politicians of all stripes. When will common sense and respect ever return to canadian politics?

Well carebear you are a pessimist...probably with good cause!
    Don't know what Gomery will say but as you said it has already cost more than the actual theft! We'd actually be better off if this robbery had never been revealed?
    I suspect adscam is just the tip of the iceberg? I suspect the whole federal government is just about as crooked? And yep, the previous Tory government was no better? Read the book "On the Take" about the Mulrooney years and all the corruption that took place?
    I don't know if there is a solution? These Quebec politicians seem to be raised on corruption and graft at their mothers knee?
    Don't know if it is much better at the provincial level or not? I suspect the provincial politicians have a few dirty dollars in their pocket too?
    I wonder what ever happened to the idea of an honest politician who actually had the peoples interests at heart? The likes of a Tommy Douglas or an Ernest Manning?
    Maybe we need to do like the Frenchmen did in the revolution? Set that old guilotine up and start running them through? That might get their attention?

Comment

The sad fact is that the majority of the public, feel that all governments are corrupt so they just don't care anymore.

Comment

...well emrald it is a little hard to believe when the head of the finance department(paul martin) had no idea how 300 and some million was being spent...if in any other business that acted this way without check and balances...the chief guy would be fired and held responsible for the misuse of funds... the joke of it is that it was just out right stealing of our tax money and nobody will pay the price of sitting where they belong....

Comment

Have no fear Paul and his choirboys were innocent and it was that evil Chretien and his gang of thugs who were the crooks! I hope the Canadian public isn't stupid enough to believe this drivel?
          I mean, come on? The guy was Chretiens right hand man...despite the fact he was busy setting him up for a fall? He has done some pretty shady things in his own right? Like reflagging his ships so he doesn't have to pay any tax and getting some sweetheart deals from the federal government for his ships?
          I would suggest Gomery was a whitewash and little more? The corruption continues with the Dingwall affair and who knows how many others that are under the table?
          These guys are crooks, plain and simple, and should be tossed out of office.

Comment

Of course Layton is wheeling and dealing to force Martin to play ball on the NDP agenda so there will be no hope of getting the Liberals out of office this fall. My gut feeling is that the east will elect them again, and likely with a majority. As long as the money keeps flowing to Ontario we don't have a chance for change.

Comment

Has farmers_son said anything about this report?? If I remember he didn't think it was a problem a while ago and that all the talk was just talk - no facts.

I guess if the Liberals are wanting to give us back 1 million dollars that they are admitting that something happened?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...