• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern Farm Marketing at its finest?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern Farm Marketing at its finest?

Doesn't it seem strange that with all our ultra modern grain handling facilities that were constructed in the past ten years that delivering grain is such a screw up nowadays. Remember when we were led to believe that if we went to grain terminals with 100 car spots that the system would work so much more efficently, than with those out dated old wood elevators. Well maybe I am the only one that is encountering these difficulties with this new system but it is way worse. kOn our farm we have to book a truck a week ahead to be able to get it so we make arrangements with the terminal and then the day before it is all supposed to happen the good old efficent CPR, god bless their rotten soul, cancels the train. Well the next thing that happens two weeks later the train shows up and you get a phone call the day before from the terminal and hard to believe you can't get a truck to haul it. Now granted I am just a dumb old farmer but the trouble with that old out dated system that was done away with was the railway didn't want to waste all that time and money stopping at an elevator every seven miles, in case anybody hasn't noticed nothing has changed they are god and will drop cars off only when it suits them. I am fed up and dam mad about the whole state of affairs but don't know what I can do about it. Anybody have any suggestions.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...