• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Child care key?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child care key?

The whole title of the article is "Child care key to confronting China and India: Martin" full article at: http://www.mytelus.com/news/article.do?pageID=canada_home&articleID=2033859

The state raising children is going to make us more competitive with China and India? Do China and India have state-run daycare programs, and do the feds think that this is the reason they are so competitive? State-run day-cares indoctrinating children from birth is supposed to make us more competitive? Where is the evidence of this working anywhere else in the world? The former Soviet Union must have been one of the most competitive economies in the world.
    I understand this daycare system will resemble Quebec’s system. So if government daycare will help our competitiveness, why is Quebec a have-not province? Shouldn’t they be supplying the rest of us with their expertise and excess money?

Wouldn’t our competitiveness be helped more by reducing taxes or better funding higher education, than taxing and spending multi-billions of dollars to put children in daycare?
    This money have to come from somewhere, so we can expect our taxes to rise again which has the polar opposite effect on our competitiveness. Do you think there might be another reason for doing this, because I seriously doubt the one were being given?

It is my understanding that Quebec's daycare system is causing some real problems. Apparently daycare is available for $7.00 per day so it is a real incentive for mothers to work outside the home. There seems to be some major problems with the kids as a result. I really think that if income tax deductions were increased a family may be able to have a decent lifestyle on one income, thus allowing mothers to stay at home at least until their kids were school age.

I see in my own family the result of little people being hauled to a sitter, or daycare five days a week, when, for the most part they would much rather spend the day in their own home, playing with their toys, going out and making mud pies or whatever kids want to do.

Comment

What I don't get is that the government value child care different if big brother looks after the kids or if mom looks after the kids. How about CPP and UI and all benefits for stay at home parents as well!! Or aunt or uncle or grandparents for that matter.
      It is the same with schooling. If big brother does the schooling it is worth 7-15000 per child but if mom or dad does it, the schooling it is not worth anything in most provinces. Good for Alberta to have the highest renumeration for homeschooled kids.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...