• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little rain?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little rain?

Watching the news, it sure looks like southern Alberta is getting wet! The boy came through Cardston during the hail storm and said it looked like it had snowed!
    We've got around two inches in the last couple of days and it is still raining lightly. Was starting to get fairly dry here before this rain, with both crops and grass stalled, but she sure has jumped up with this rain. My cropshare partner planted the land to canola this year and it is rocking and rolling! A very healthy crop and he got an excellent kill on the early weeds. I suspect this rain might bring out a few more?

There are a number of roads washed out down south, so they are definitely getting their fare share of the rain.

Cowman, we're west of you and we have gotten a lot less than what you have. Up to this morning, we had only gotten about an inch, maybe a little more. It's really starting to come down now, so we should see that amount rise, but by how much is anyone's guess.

After that drying wind for 3 days last week, it will take a bit to get the moisture levels back up.

The rain is most welcome at this point. We had a duck hatch out some babies yesterday and she's had them out in the rain to play today, but it is quite cold for the poor little things.

Comment

It is hard to believe but has been raining even on my little hunk of dirt. After thirty five years of farming here for once I can say that it is wet enough. Still have a quarter of oats to seed, would have finished today, but never want to be caught bitching about the rain in this country. There is way too many dry days.

Comment

I drove from Lethbridge to Cardston and back yesterday morning then on to Cochrane last evening, the magnitude of the flooding is just unreal. Mother nature is sure on a rampage, and lots of folks are in difficulty. Folks were moving livestock to higher ground wherever possible, but I am sure there will be losses.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...