• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm safety

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm safety

Farmers are exempt from a whole raft of laws that just about every other industry is subject to? Including safety rules?
    Is this a good thing or not so good?
    In my own opinion, I think safety should be up to the individual...however you should also be responsible if you screw up? So if you get a concussion because you weren't wearing a hard hat don't come crying for compensation or welfare!
    People tend to think the social safety net is a good thing because it assures them of a decent living...and that is very true! However by selling your basic rights for security you give up your soul to be free? You have to conform if you want to get the government goodies? So buckle up because we can't afford the health care costs! Don't smoke because you will be a burden on society! Work safely and wear all the equipment because we can't afford to keep you!
    We live today in the nanny state where the government will baby us all our lives, from cradle to grave? Is this a good thing? Is this how our anscestors built this country? Freedom always comes with a cost.

I dont think that the govmt does anywhere as good a gob of looking after us as some companys or unions do the trick is getting a union or govmt job so if some of the tax $ from over paid jobs end up in some of the less fortunates pockets I dont see it as a large problem.
    Not every one gets $1000 day plus.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.