• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

farmers son?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

farmers son?

I'm not sure if you even check this side of the board, but I will ask you here anyway.
    Why do you support the Liberal party? Is it something you learned at an early age? I find it disturbing how an obviously very intelligent man can continue to support such a gang of thieves!
    I will admit that I have asked you this question, because I often wonder why obviously intelligent people can go along with things I see as really ammoral and just simply black and white?
    I sometimes wonder if I am out of sync or something? Well....I shouldn't say that...actually I wonder...what in the hell is wrong with these people that they can't see the truth!
    I am sure you have your "philosophy" on this subject, and I would truly like to understand how you see this?
    People are "funny" and one of the great joys in this life is to percieve how other people see and understand things IMH0!

I would not consider myself a supporter of any political party. I support good government and appreciate what I consider to be good policies no matter what party brings them forward. I believe Albertans do themselves harm by blindly voting for a certain party without consideration for any policies the other political parties might bring forward. As a result, Albertans take themselves out of the political debate.

Some of the federal and provincial leaders I would say I respect would be Stanfield, Joe Clark (more so in recent years), Preston Manning, Mazankowski, Anne McClellan (who I think represents Alberta very well), Getty, Grant Notley, Lougheed, Bourassa and yes even Bouchard.

About black and white... The press colors so much of the opinions we form about our politicians and I really question what I hear in the press. Are the Liberals corrupt? Well some people who belong to the Liberal party appear to be corrupt. I believe corruption could be found in each and every political party even though they do not get into power for the corruption to gain profile. There will be a few bad eggs, but should not overshadow the truth that there are a lot of good dedicated people in federal and provincial politics who are there for the highest motives, as Emrald1 pointed out. No one party has a monopoly on these good people.

I am not hung up on political parties, people are more important. I have seen NDP parties that would be hard to tell the difference from Conservatives. Within any party there will be a range of people from left to right. Maybe that is why I am not overeacting when someone crosses the floor.

There you have it, my view of politics in a nutshell. You asked...

Comment

Well thank you for that reply farmers son. I would truly question what you think is good government but you are entitled to your opinion.
      I am really amazed how you could possibly include some of the people you named as good statesmen but I agee with you on a few. I have a real problem with Getty and Lougheed! Oh and Annie!
      I like Manning, Bouchard, and Maz!
      I see you never mentioned our illustrious Ralph?

Comment

cowman, where are you placing your bets on the leadership in AB ? Rumor has it that it will come down to a showdown between Dinning and Stelmach. Now, Stelmach is not a poor little rich boy by any means, just a good old farm boy from Lamont that worked his way up the ladder from municipal politics, so if it is the two of them in the final heat of the race it is going to be interesting to watch.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...