• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woolybear

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woolybear

I just read your question about sub cu injections and using tails as a site. This is,I believe, the most common site for injections in the UK sheep industry. We certainly used it for many years very sucessfully - it's a lot easier than tipping sheep up and they tend to be very fleshy and easy to inject under the tail on the breeds I'm used to.

Thank you grassfarmer........ I still haven't tried it under the tail. Being that we are trying to work through a routine that is CFSFP friendly, we haven't come across there it's an approved location. OH.......CFSFP = Canadian Food Safe Farm Practice (for Sheep and lambs).

Lambs are easy to give subcu to, but its tricky with the older ones to tip them over and inject in the armpit. IM's in the neck aren't bad as long as you get them through all that wool!

Thanks again

Comment

When you are injecting hundreds in a day the choice of turning them up to get to the armpits isn't attractive - once a year on their backsides to shear them was enough for me. The move to compulsory belly clipping/ crutching fat lambs prior to slaughter was the straw that nearly broke this camels back !!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.