• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trials, Triumphs Tribulations of Farm Women

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trials, Triumphs Tribulations of Farm Women

So often during our regular day, women assume many roles - wife, mother, medic (humans and animals), mediator, chauffer, mechanic, marketer, we don't have any time for ourselves. This was brought home to me recently when someone asked me what I do for myself - just to make me feel happy and good about myself. It took me a while to think about what I actually did and my friend dropped an awful lot of hints along the way - manicure, pedicure - she looked at my feet and hands and realized that wasn't my cup of tea, movie going - just what did I do for me. We would like to hear about what some of you do in terms of helping yourselves spiritually. Too often, poor old mom comes dead last in the looking after needs department. Do you have any stories or anecdotes about how you successfully triumphed over a problem? How do you feel you contribute to the overall well-being of your family? Do you know of a woman in agriculture who is making a difference. Issues that arise on your farm that might help out others? Sometimes it just helps to know we are not alone. We would like to hear from you. Linda

I'm one of those Moms that forgets about herself. I do try to be more conscious of my needs. So, one of the things I have done is become involved with a farm women's organization to get me out of the house. I get to talk with women in similar situations and renew my spirit. I'm sure there are lots of different organizations that could help people get involved. This is a great way to make contact if traveling to the nearest group is an issue.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.