• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Well Drilling

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Well Drilling

Dryland Drilling Ltd. (Water Well Drilling) PO BOX 653 Milk River, Alberta, T0K 1M0 403-647-2350 Solving water problems for farmers

ARE YOU SHORT ON WATER SUPPLY FOR STOCK?

DO YOU WANT A SUPPLY OF WATER FOR SMALL SCALE IRRIGATION?

WE HAVE THE SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR WATER PROBLEMS AT ECONOMICAL PRICES.

Specializing in deep 1500 feet plus (Milk River zone lots of water) water well drilling for stock and supply.

Drilling of shallow gas wells for residential or commercial use.

Hookup of water system from well to choice of location

Construction of dugouts with drilled water wells beside for water supply for irrigation and stock

Fresh water hauling for cistern fill up

Septic truck for septic tank clean outs

We offer in house private financing (no banks or finance companies) for all services offered.

Call us today for pricing and info for all your economical water solutions.

Owned and operated by drilling engineer with over 20 years experience.

Any idea what a 1500' deep well would cost ?
    What a difference across the province. Flowing wells at 20' here.
    Not much wonder the province is developing a new water strategy which will hopefully address the water needs in all regions with good long term planning.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I would perfer to discuss pricing via private email. You can contact me at jecklund@telus.net and give me your ph# and we can discuss.
      Water at the moment and into the future is more precious than oil and gas. It is worth more than fuel for your truck or machinery. The province likes to think that they are doing something about the water situation, but are they? They offer a little program for landowners to drill wells ( 1 well), but are they willing to help out for an infasture that is desperately needed for land owners. I live just south of the SMRID and there is no plans to extend it down here to people who need it badly. I am hooked up to a water co-op, but what does 2.5gal/min do except water the grass in the yard. So I have decided to work something out with landowners to help them with the problem that faces all of us. It would be nice for all of us to have a little extra water to put on our dryland hay just to get a little extra to make sure we get through the winter.

Comment

I am not interested in getting a 1500' well drilled, just inquiring as to the cost .

Comment

Alot can be done with 2.5 gals a minute.
          What you would do is install an appropriate size reservoir to handle a couple of days worth of usage. When the cows come home to drink, you would draw out of the reservoir and when allow it to refill while they sleep, or are out to pasture. The pump would be set up to run on a timer, with a low volume shut off if the well ran dry momentarily.

Lots of other ways I am told to do this but this was what was suggested for our situation where we have a 30" shallow well.

The reservoir should also be big enough to hold a couple of thousand gallons if you suddenly had to haul water in an emergency.

Comment

A 1500 foot water well! Wow! It must take an awfully big pump to get that water to the surface?
            My neighbor used to have a 700 foot well and the pump was always burning itself out...about every two years! He had to get in a crane everytime to pull the darned thing at a cost of $5,000!
            The old rule of thumb about 15 years ago was $20/foot to drill and case a well, but I imagine it is a lot higher now? Even at $20/ft. the price to drill and case a 1500 footer would be $30,000!
            By the way my neighbor eventually got sick of the expense and all the methane gas in the water and got in the water witch! The witch found him a 30 gallon/min. well about 50 feet from the deep well at 130 feet! The original well was drilled by a rotary rig and the witch thought they drilled right through the shallow zone because it wasn't as profitable for them! The second well was drilled by an old cable tool rig operated by a totally honest local boy. You've got to be careful when you get a well drilled?

Comment

I am not by any way saying that 1500 foot is where a persons water is. all I am saying is the rig can drill to there if needed. It would take a big pump to lift water from that depth, but you do not need to put in an electric pump. you can run a mechanical pump on rods and install a windmill and get years use out of it.
              Now I am not asking for abuse and i am not crying over spilt milk, I know what I am doing and all I am trying to do is help. If water is at 30' then so be it, it is at 30' and everyone is happy. i know exactly where and how deep the water is as all wells are drilled with air. If you drill with mud, you will not see the water zones, other than the 1 you are determined to reach. I am a farmer and know what it is like and know what people will try to do. I can get 2 good cuts of hay a year in drought country. Can you?

Comment

Cowman. cobitt et al...most municipalities have had mapping done of all water wells within their jurisdiction so knowing the depth of wells isn't all that difficult.
                This information is readily available .
                The cost of providing water is huge in some areas, and in some, like on my own farm, water is 20' below the surface.

Comment

Well I wasn't trying to give you any abuse...just amazed that anyone would drill that deep for water!
                  The so called "water table" maps are virtually useless. Get the darned witch in there and he will find you water! I guess you have to be a believer in "dowsing" to make that call?
                  And actually Mr. Corbit we have absolutely no problem getting two cuts of hay in the Red Deer area without irrigating...even in a dry year.
                  I do realize certain areas have poor rainfall and therefore you need to do whatever you have to do to get water. I would suggest that, that land should be worth a lot less than land where water is readily available?
                  My house well is 11 feet deep and is in reality a running stream. My water at the corrals is 50 foot and they couldn't bail it fast enough to get a reading( 50g/min plus)! The water literally explodes out of the ground in some places here!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...