• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our government

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our government

As our federal government thrashes through the scandals of theft, do you ever wonder who is minding the store? As the Liberals run and hide and the Conservatives, NDP, and BLOC pursue them and posture for an election...who is taking care of business?
    Martins' stratedgy seems to be to get right out there and swamp the media with all the good things he is going to do! Soon, I suspect, he will start his rant about how Alberta is not sharing the wealth and has a hidden agenda...well whatever it takes to divert attention from the fact he is the leader of a den of thieves!
    Before Gomery had him on the ropes he was busy as a bee trying to divert attention from his incompetent government by making a tempest in a teapot over things like gay marriage and pot! Do you ever feel like maybe your federal government should focus on things that really matter? Like maybe the commerce of this country?
    Personally I couldn't give a rip if some fruits want to sign a contract with the government and pretend they are normal! Or that some kid wants to smoke a joint without being labelled as a hardened criminal!
    But I am concerned that we seem to have some major problems with our biggest customer! However I don't see much happening there? It seems the government has no time for the "real" world?

cowman, issues such as same sex marriage are just a smoke screen to divert the publics attention from the scandals, boondoggles, dithering etc.
    Now we have to wait and see if the NDP will embrace the Liberals as long as they don't cut corporate taxes.
    My feeling is that if the NDP does choose to saddle up with Paul and crew they will lose the ground they gained when the next election does happen.

Comment

Cowman am I to assume you mean the good old excited states as our customer I think its more like our tormentor they do nothing that dosnt benifit them more than anyone else.
      We keep on giving all our resources and anything they ask for at thier terms when will we as a nation stand up for what is ours
      I just filled my diesel tanks 62.9/lt people runing around thinking they are worth 1000$/day and more ,piling more money up than they need but let the good times roll that is if you are employed in the oil buis I have 2 daughters living in towns and I can tell you there are a lot of people that cant pay thier utilities and car gas and exp on the news gas 106.9 vancouver profits going out of country we pay a graduated rate of tax but oil royalties stay same on first $ and last dollar now alta wants to drop the corporate tax from 10%to 8% but no money for private tax cut Anyway my point is if we had the balls to keep some of our resources instead of giving it all to the yanks I think we would all be better off

Comment

Horse,rather than giving away our resources we could be like Saskatchewan and SAVE it?Sure seems like the `DIPPERS are sure shown` em??Give me a break....you probably drive one of those terrible American made vehicles too!!

Comment

emrald, even though I agree that these minor issues are being used to defer the media away from the bigger issues, I have to disagree on the NDP's support of the Liberals. I think the NDP will get more support in the next election as they seem to be the only party saying 'let's get the budget passed so we can say we actually did something.' The NDP is only supporting the Liberals through the budget, nothing else is guaranteed. Main point is that if the budget doesn't get passed, nothing gets done...meaning the taxpayer's shelled out $300,000 for a PM and $100,000 per MP for nothing done or committed to, over the last year.

Comment

The NDP/Liberal sweetheart deal has nothing to do with doling out funds on social programs vs corporate tax cuts, it has EVERYTHING to do with trying to make the Conservatives and the Bloc look like they are saddled up together.
            What the NDP has done is ensure that we will be stuck with Paul Martin and his crooked politics in the next election.

Comment

It seems like the perfect time for a little levity. I just can't resist!!

DILEMMA

Here's a dilemma for you...what would you do? This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. Please don't answer it without giving it some serious thought. By giving an honest answer you will discover where you stand morally. The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation, in which you will have to make a decision. Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous. Thoughtfulness is important for this evaluation to be meaningful!
              Ready?

You're in Ontario..In Ottawa, to be exact... There is chaos around you, caused by a hurricane and severe and unusual floods. This is a flood of major proportions. You are a photojournalist working for a major newspaper caught in the middle of this great disaster. The
              situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under the water.

Nature is showing all its' destructive fury. You see a man in the Ottawa River! He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken away with the water and debris. You move closer. Somehow the man looks familiar. Suddenly, you know who it is... it's Paul Martin. Isn't life ironic?

At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take him under, forever. You have two options. You can save him or you can take the most dramatic photos of your life. You can save the life of Prime Minister Martin, or you can shoot a Pulitzer Prize-winning photo, documenting the death of one of the world's powerful men.

Now, here's the question (please give an honest answer):

Would you select color film, or go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

Enjoy the day. :-)

Comment

Oh SHAME on you !!!

Comment

Well, I did say I couldn't resist. The ending is so different from what one would think to be the punch line.

So, which would you choose? ;-)

Comment

color film to capture all the vivid details of course Linda !!!!!!!!

Comment

I've always been a fan of the elegant simplicity of Black and White.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...