• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lets kick back

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets kick back

I dont't know about the rest of you but I am going to start swinging back 2 years of depressed prices and now a arrogant US senator saying we should get our act together. Well OK I think we should start hitting them {US cattle men} in the wallet I have cancelled a large semen purchase from ABS. Also lets Hit the heart of Texas By Refusing to bid on any cattle with the sire of BHR Three Sixes SA L666E The owner of this bull is from Texas and has tyies to Rcalf

Hang in there, Profarmer. I hear your frustration and empathise with you.

I guess you caught that Senator's statement on CBC tonight, too? Guaranteed to get the ol' blood pressure rising.

The air in our home was pretty blue after listening to that man's "point of view". If that doesn't shake the apathy that's drowning many of our fellow cattlemen and women, I don't know what will.

Take care.

Comment

Which senator? I missed the news! Rats!

Comment

Unfortunately there are to many farmers who own summer property in Montana and will still go for there summer holidays again this summer.

How many farmers and ranchers do you know that went to Vegas this winter?

It appears as Canadians we scream unfair, unfair, unfair. But still will not inconvenience ourselves to make a stand.

We took the kids to Mexico because I could not stand the idea of going to Disneyland while the border issue was unresolved. I sent a letter to the LA Chamber of Commerce telling them why we weren't comming down for a visit.

Their is a lot we can do up here to send a message. We do not because after where done bitching we still do what is convenient.

We need American products in order to survive up here but what we can do is look around abit and think about what products we buy that have Canadian alternative. Then when we find an alternative we need to tell the retailer what and why we have made a change.

Here are some products we can boycot that have Canadian alternatives.

Pet Food, Livestock Feed(molasses blocks, horse feed, milk replacer), some short line farm equipment, cars,I am doing this on the fly so if any of you can think of other products by all means put them in.

For two years now UFA (United Farmers of America) they call them selves United Farmers of Alberta in Alberta has been selling American made cattle feed when there are Canadian companies that can make similar products.

Comment

If anyone out there has American owned beef on the hoof in their lots, here your's chance to earn yardage . You can collect back some of your equity loses and I don't think anyone in the Canadian beef industry would blame you. OR you could call the good'ole boys to come and get them, and let them figure out how to get them home.

Hand them the bill and tell them to get lost.........

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...