• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beans down 6-10 tonight ....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beans down 6-10 tonight ....

on 20% of the volume compared to last night. Heavy radar went thru south Brazil about an hour ago.

Any thoughts on strategies.

How many are using a trailing stop in triggering sales? That is, letting the market rally but prepared to make a sell commitment is prices fall by over a certain amount of dollars.

Technical analysis tools? Moving averages?

Comment

I've got a GPO at $7.00/bus. Sounds a little high, but I don't believe Stats Canada. MHO only.

Comment

In an attempt to keep me out of price forecasting (i.e. no comment as to whether $7/bu is good or bad)and into technique, just a couple of questions.

1) How do you include carry (interest and storage) in a pricing decison? That is, $7/bu may be achievable but it might take 6 months to get there?

2) How should farmers approach the regular review process to ensure a GPO price is realistic and meets the cash flow needs of the business?

Comment

One strategy thought of so recently is to quit farming, sell land and become a market analyst.

Comment

A good career choice and an excellent job. I am actually trying a new career path as a volunteer bartender at the Brier Patch/Purple Heart Lounge. Looking forward to a good Brier here in Edmonton.

My theory in life is good curling skips and good marketers have a lot in common. Both require a solid plan with the ability to react to changing situations. All I am trying to do is get everyone to evaluate their alternatives and pick the best one for their situation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...