• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heifer for sale cheap

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heifer for sale cheap

Just thought this would promote some chuckles at this time of year.

"For sale one 2 year old red brockle faced heifer, bred black angus, likes to stand up and lay down between pacing around the pen with a small water bag sticking out of her for what seems like two days but in reality has been 2 hours. call 9--,---- and ask for sleepless in Strathmore. only call during heifer calving hours.11pm-4am,eight days a week"

I can think of about 35000 producers who could have written that ad a couple of weeks into calving time with very little sleep particularly if it happens to be -40 !!!

I don't want to sell my heifers or cows YET but check the blanket AB Ads in about three weeks, maybe I'll have one in there !!!!

Comment

Been there, likely will go there again in the future. How did it go anyway? I had a cow years ago, I swear every year you could just stick an odometer on her once she started calving, once she had walked about 500 miles would she finally lay down and calve. Used to stress the hell out of me every year, just trying to determine if there was something wrong, never was, some labors just take longer than others. I would know, my first took about 3 days to finally decide to get here, second baby was about 3 hours, go figure! Let us know how you made out, bet she's not for sale anymore unless a hefty bill is attached for your stress and loss of sleep! LOL! Good luck!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...