• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tough Go

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough Go

When one thinks of all the adversity that we have been thru as producers of cattle one has to think we are crazy, but no business in actual reality would have endured what we have been thru. Who takes the kind of pay cut that we have done and still are in business. We started an expansion of our cattle herd just before our first bse case. Our lives have been changed because of bse. Will things get back to pre bse I don’t think so ..Open border or not we must carry on and grow thru the adversity ,the same way that our forefathers did and see thru all this crap of politics for the betterment of our children. I know I may sound like a wimp but that is just how I feel right now, does anyone feel like they just been thru 10 rounds with Mike Tyson knowing that you could have been a contender. I read a lot of good threads on this site , some I agree with ,some that make one think and that is a good thing.. I will stick my neck out now and say that opening the border now is not in the best interest of our cattle industry long term. We will fall into the same habit of sending feeders across the line again leaving us open once again to border disputes . My thinking all along has been that this is our opportunity to capture our industry back as as partners rather than being just a grassroots producer
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...