• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAA feedlot continues

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAA feedlot continues

kpb...seems according to our local paper today the feedlot is not bankrupted after all ...another law suit though...just curious why all the media coverage...

blackjack, thanks for your thread--I havent got my local paper yet and I didn't talk to anyone at the feedlot last week but I did hear from one of my neighbours who stopped by on Sunday night that the notice in the paper was bogus and the feedlot was ok and operating. If this isn't the most bizarre development in this continuing sage I don't know what is. In the Mountainview Post last week there was a long legal-type notice saying the feedlot was in bankruptcy and naming a receiver. So what does that mean--that anyone can just phone up a paper and put whatever notice they want in about anyone they want? Totally bizarre.

Comment

Check out: http://www.carstairscourier.awna.com/story7.html

"Owners of an intensive feedlot operation, just east of Didsbury, say they will be taking legal action against an Edmonton based financial advisory company for defamation, after a notice was published in the Mountain View County News, erroneously announcing that the AAA Cattle Company has gone bankrupt....Cobban's lawyers plan to file a defamation claim later this week against Academy Financial Inc. and anyone else who was behind it, Cobban confirmed."

Comment

Here here, that deserves a cheer. Hope they sue for enough topay some of their own lawyers fees in this whole mess.

Comment

Read something about the mix-up last week in the Red Deer paper. One would think that the financial institution would take out just as big an ad, or bigger, to apologize and admit to their error. Might even be worthwhile to have them send letters to others to explain things as well so that AAA doesn't feel the sting of this for long, if at all. If it went to court, those could be things that are requested.

As for the legal fees, if AAA does sue and is successful in court, quite often "costs" are paid and those are the costs of bringing an action and for a good portion of the legal fees.

Comment

Awe come on Cakadu, let us dream for a moment.

AAA gets Johnny Cochrane on board and puts this company on it's knees.

The Cobban family recieves a large enough settlement to buy the brand new feedlot that Cor Van Raay is planning on selling to some Americans.

How sweet would that be!!!!!!

Comment

Well Randy - your dream can live as all I mentioned were costs and how they could be paid.

There is punitive damages and compensatory damages that could also be awarded. That is where the Johnny Cochranes or the Alan Derschowitz' would come in.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.