• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#1CWRS, How Short are we?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1CWRS, How Short are we?

Incognito;

AS you pointed out:

280 cars = 25,200 tonnes

How on earth could moving this small amount of #1CWRS to Vancouver make a significant difference, less than 1/3 of the way through the normal CWB marketing year, which runs from Nov.04 to Oct.05?

I asked this question in Saskatoon on Jan. 14th, at the CWB Day, and was told there was 30% of 20mmt #1/#2CWRS or about 6mmt avaliable. .025mmt times 30 weeks is 750,000t needed before the 05-06 harvest can start filling these orders.

Does the CWB even have a clue how much #1CWRS is out here, as the contracts signed up on the "A"/"B" series often do not match what exactly is in the farmer's bin ?

I am told that Japan will only take a #1CWRS 13.5, it cannot be a 13.6 or 13.4. Is this right?

What is the true market signal we should be getting today for a #1CWRS 13.5, if we are this short?

I hear there is a new cash price tool comming in the next while [have been hearing this since Oct] so why has a date not been set that is transparent... and the contract spec. made public, before the "B" series closing date of Jan. 31st?

How does this effect planting decisions... seed orders...

Does anyone else feel like a mushroom?

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH,but at least it`s warm and moist here not cold and dreary like Winterpeg.Guess it`s just a little tooo dark to see the way yet!I`m betting if they`d have upped the anti there`d be a lot more good wheat around than this small amount.

Comment

When there is no transparency, no one will ever know what they moved, what they blended, who blended it or if the blended costs went back to the pool or maybe just to pay the demurrage bills that keep escalating.

You don't know that with a private grain company either, but you sure know when they are short as they bid up the spot price to get filled. And if they are publicly held, you get the overall picture every three months.

Mills have been shut out of 1 and 2 CWRS in western Canada since fall and are taking 3CWRS while the good wheat goes to our best overseas customers.

What would Dawn Foods, Smuckers (aka Robin Hood) pay if they could bid on 1 CWRS.... we will never know.

When ADM is short, a 27.00 basis is a good signal. Why the CWB didn't ante up on the farm is a question that needs to be asked and answered.

Maybe in order to be fair and equitable the lucky ones to grow 1CWRS this year get to subsidize the CF that is out there a là 1993.

Vader: I truly hope farmers best interests were being met. I'd love to be at the next boardroom meeting.

Best,

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...