• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guidance Systems/Auto Stear

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guidance Systems/Auto Stear

I'm looking for a guidance/auto stear system. Nothing complicated. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with the outback or trimble systems?

Depends on the accuracy you want. There are generally 3 levels: WAAS, subscription, and RTK. For a simple, easy to move and affordable system, the Trimple EZ-Steer looks pretty good. I am going to be demoing one in the next week or two. I want to try it with my WAAS reciever as well as with a JD reciever that has the terrain compensation built in as is on the StarFire 2 signal. If you're not too far away, I could let you know so you could come and have a drive.

Comment

kenzie, some of the producers I deal with have bought some systems. Call me and I'll put you in touch. (403)362-1344.

Comment

Seedsman, I'm interested in the wass/ez-steer combo. Please post your observations.

Comment

I took a look at the Trimble EZ stear system today and saw a potential problem with the foam drive wheel...I wonder what will happen when the steering wheel get's greasy or dirty and what if your steering wheel is out of round? One plus is that it can be moved between machines so long as you have a bracket mounted. I run experienced equipment in order to be a lo cost producer with hi tec dreams. FYI $8800 was my quote...more than my 1086 sprayer tractor is worth!

The OutBack system does not have a hydraulic kit for my 1086 OR my 9330 so they are out of the picture.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.