• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Investors looking to buy AB. Feedlots

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Investors looking to buy AB. Feedlots

Heard a blurb on the news yesterday that American investors are looking to buy up feedlots in AB that are on shaky financial grounds.

Hmmm...I wonder if those American investors might be Tyson or Cargill? How many of the big Alberta feedlots do they own right now? Under the table of course?

Comment

The news item that I heard indicated that the interest was in feeding operations in the southern part of the province.
      Wonder where Bonnets fit into this equation ???

Comment

According to the Western Producer, some are looking at one of Cor van Raays and Rick Paskals feedlot at Barhill

Comment

There are feedlots in dire straits that aren't in the south. Likely too far north for the US buyers though.

Comment

I was at cargil elevator on day and A group of the big boys were there. One well dressed fellow said to me.
            We are here for one reason and one reason only, that is we want Canada out of the grain buissness. we will grow the wheat and you guys grow the cattle and hogs. BUT WE WANT TO OWN THEM.

Comment

Oh yea sa Masah.......... Toby be good to you Masah

Comment

If investors from the US by feedlots and pay competitive prices for cattle is that a bad thing ?
                I hate to see a monopoly of US ownership but hopefully US owned feedlots will be a minority.

Comment

One of the consessions for Canada to gain access to the US markets again is for us to allow year round access to feeders from regions where there is anaplasmosis and blue tongue. DO we really want these diseases?

These "newly owned" feedlots will likely bring in these calves, and whether or not it can be traced, will likely in turn be owned by "the Packers". Whose cattle do you think will have first access to the hooks, and do you really think that they will pay anymore as long as they have any say in the matter.

Like the fellows in suits at the Cargill elevator........ They want us OUT, and they want to have it all. I wonder how long before the tanks cross the border if we say otherwise?

Comment

Come on tanks!!!!!!!! sorry am just being a bit sarcastic and flip about it, but lets face it when they decide to do it they will do it and we may as well get used to that fact. The last few years should have shown us the americans will do whatever the hell they want whenever they want and all we can do is bitch.

Comment

Don't worry. Those Arabs won't just stand around the coffee shops and talk about it. Those guys have nothing to loose, and they are a bunch of real mad bees now that Americans have been shaking there nests. It's awful to talk like this, but they think that they can do anything they want, even if it means envadeing someone elses $hit pile. They are in debt so bad from this war and they want someone else to pay for it.

Comment

There is a meeting in Picture Butte some day soon and Rick and Cor and others will be rustling up support for a meat processing plant. If Cor has sold one or two feedlots to Cargill (which is only a rumour I heard) then what some of you have described will come to pass because surely Cargill will want to be that meat processing plant. It makes me ill. It is an agricultural and economic takeover by a foreign country.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.