• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU Seeding and Harvest Periods

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU Seeding and Harvest Periods

ianben, (or anyone else, for that matter), I'm looking for a web site (or other information source) that would give me pretty good detail on typical seeding and harvest periods for crops grown in the EU.

Any help appreciated.

http://www.usda.gov/oce/waob/jawf/calendar/

Comment

Thanks, Incognito, I'd seen another USDA site that had the same info. I'm looking for something a little more country and crop specific.

Anyone have any other sites or non-web places to look?

Comment

Hi Lee
        Cant find the sort of info you want on a web site. No better than the one above anyway.
        I could give you UK details as I see them if that would help.
        I will do wheat first and if this is kind of info you want will any other crops you require.

Winter wheat is seeded from beginning Sept right through to end Feb.
        Ideal date for first wheat after a breakcrop is 20th Sept and second and continuous wheat 1st week Oct.
        Yeild penalty normally increases markedly from Nov.

Varieties have a safe latest sowing date similar to your days to harvest stat.

We normally start seeding 9/10 Sept and hope to finish by 10 Oct. However a neighbour was sowing wheat today due to weather last fall. Very unusal though unless after root crops. Latest we have seeded is Dec and we wished we seeded a spring crop.

Very little spring wheat grown here in UK
        Seeded Jan to end March mostly after sugar beet and potatoes. Sugar beet is harvested here Oct to Feb.

The earliest varieties, usually lower yielding, are harvested last days of July or first few of Aug.

The main wheat harvest is last two weeks of August.
        Wet weather may push harvest into Sept and spring wheat is harvested end Aug early Sept followed by post Christmas winter wheat.
        Our eariest finish date is 18th Aug and latest 3 Oct.

Hope this helps

Post a list of any other crops you would like details on and I will do my best!

Regards Ian

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...