• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going hard on faith!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going hard on faith!

Two years ago I lost my left leg in an industrial accident at a feed mill where I worked. Since then I have faced much depression, anger and struggles in my daily life. I have received alot of support from friends, family and my community. I have become a faithful person and without my inner strength that God has given me through bible studies and other spiritual paths, I would struggle to continue. I have learned that if I live for Jesus, there will be awesome results!
    Michelle Williams

maybe you are disabled on the outside but it sounds like the inner man is healthy and a threat to the enemy. John 10;10, Heb.11;6. I had to experience trouble before I would agree to a spiritual overhaul. There is nothing like serving the Lord in all the distractions and evil thats floating around. Bless you for being brave enough to talk about it.

Comment

Our tendancy is to take life for granted until something major confronts us. Amazing how much strength we find we have been given when it is needed. Exciting to be able to share that discovery with others when they face their own time of despair.

Comment

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble,with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Cor. 1;3-4. sw1-32-5-4

Comment

I am currently finding the inability to market my hay, wheat and canola for a profit to be a challenge to my faith. After losing our farm in 1987 and just returning to farming the past couple of years I am finding it a bit depressing to struggle to make end meet once again. Jehovah Jireh is our provider. I am trusting that He will come through so we can go on another year.

Comment

The Lord has the power if you have the faith. Take a look at Phil. 4 13&19

Comment

I find this thread a little bit "out there"? Let me tell you something: God helps those who help themselves!
              What did he tell Job? Get up off your butt and be a man!
              God gives us all the things we need to succeed...it is called personal initative? He never promised you a rose garden but he sure promised you that you have the ability to suceed if you put your shoulder to the wheel!
              That may not be possible in farming? The fact of the matter is farming is pretty much a dog, when it comes to success? But there is a whole big world out there just waiting for you! Ask yourself this: If what I am doing isn't working...then what can I do that will work?
              Quite frankly the world is crying for people that can provide a service that they can't do or don't want to do...and they will pay you very well!
              Instead of praying for God to provide some sort of miracle, so you can continue to beat a dead horse, try praying for guidance on how to succeed? It is a mystery but it works!!!

Comment

Hey cowman,Don't get me wrong, a shoulder to the wheel is our first step, but if the wheel starts rolling back on you to kill you thats when you need Him to help. The bible is plain"for without faith it is impossible to please Him,for he who comes to God must believe that He is,and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." There are many today who wrongly assume that they will gain heaven and right standing with God by their good works. Now we are all comanded to do "good" but God wants to know the sourse of these good works--pride or a changed heart. happy farming....

Comment

I totally agree with the previous post. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Good works alone just doesn't cut it. Farming takes about as much faith as any occupation or profession these days. I guess the only thing I can think of that would take a bit more is to see a high standard of righteousness in our federal Liberals. How disgusted we are with the passing of Bill C-38!

Comment

"when the foundations be distroyed, what will the righteous do?" When sodomy and buggery become "good" and righteousness becomes "evil" look out.

Comment

Look out is right! But that is not all. It is incumbent upon all who stand for righteousness to do their part. We have already lost too much ground to the devil by our lethargy. It is time to pray for and contact our Senators as the Bill has yet to be approved by Senate.

Comment

I try to contact the leaders several times a year. I give praise where praise is due and rebuke those that need it like paul martin, bill graham,cotler etc.

Comment

Thank you for doing your part in contacting our elected representatives on an ongoing basis. I wish more people would do the same, especially those who stand for what's right in the sight of God.

Comment

It is the duty of every genuine believer to take the ground-Joshua-, not give it up. The "church" generaly has been lethargic and weak so what we need to get strong is some persecution. That always thins out the weak and strengthens the resolve of the rest.

Comment

Persecution in a number of different countries against Christians and Christianity is resulting in revival. You are so right! While none of us want to experience it, it would appear as though the Lord allows it to happen to bring renewal to His own.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.