• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going hard on faith!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sw
    I have faith in the whole Bible and in Yeshua who is the Old Testament come in the flesh. I have faith in that the 10 commandments are still valid today, ALL ten. I have faith in the words spoken by the ruler of the universe regarding times and feasts that believers are commanded to keep forever. I have faith that YHVH is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, there is NO change in Him.I have faith in the Torah,instructions(wrongly translated law), YHVH gave to Moses are for my benefit yesterday, today and tomorrow. I have faith that YHVH spoke true words and I benefit to listen and obey and do according to His word. After all He made this whole thing and knows what makes everything tick!! You wouldn't read a Ford manual when you are fixing a Massey, right?
    Now if the "spirit" leads people to do what is not in the Bible or contrary to the Bible, one must surely ask what "spirit" that is.
    How can you have faith in the Bible and not follow its instructions? Just use a few verses here and there?

Comment

A few verses here and there are better than none at all.

Comment

Like seeding a couple of acres out of a section is better than not seeding at all? Think about all the weeds in that field!
        The people of God is Israel, Gods household.The gospel wasn't revealed and offered to anybody else but the Jews until the vision that Peter had and his visit with Cornelius. The vision has nothing to do with food,v34-. In v 35 Peter realizes that God accepts men from every nation who fear Him and do what is right. Not just the jews. Eph 2:19-22 and 3:1-6 talks about the gentiles, or non-jews, becoming joint heir with Israel and members of Gods household. Yeshua prayed that all who came to believe in Him, would be one. There was no denominations then. Jews and gentiles were the groups then and only the jews that believed in Yeshua could be "in". The confession that a human being can make to become a member of Gods household the Israelites, is not to follow any denominations decrees, but to follow Yeshua and Gods commandments by faith. Because if a person believes in and confess Yeshua being Gods word in the flesh, it should show by that person living according to Gods instructions. Not denominational dogma- man made religions, human reasoning or traditions of men.
        Another interesting thing is that the antichrist is called by Paul as the man of lawlessness. The man without Torah. Doing all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders.
        How do we know what is true then? Know God by reading and believing and following His instructions in Torah hafTorah and the re-newed covenant. God doesn't change, Mal 3:6. Why didn't God just wipe everything out and start over again.
        That's not His character. Read 2 Sam14:14 and Eze 33:11, John 3:16.
        God takes no pleasure in that His people dies!!! The instructions He wrote is for us to believe and to enjoy the blessings that comes with doing it Gods way. That's the gospel, the good news.
        For example the people that follow Gods instructions don't have to worry about having eaten the pigs of mr Pickton, who were fed prostitutes to them after he used, abused and killed them. Think about that when you eat your bacon tomorrow.
        God is good ALL the time.

Comment

True. God is Good all the time. I like my bacon crisp.

Comment

I believe Paul laid it out pretty clearly that the "eating laws" were pretty well advice and not some sort of thing that was going to send you to hell? Now Paul was just a man, but if you believe the whole bible is the word of God, then his teachings were inspired by God?
            Jesus said I don't come to change the law but to fulfill it? The message here was very clear? The law is something no man can live up to(it is a stumbling block)...sorry it just isn't going to happen! Christ was here to "redeem" us from the law? The book of Ruth is an example of what is meant by a redeemer?
            I wouldn't get all bent out of shape about eating pork that might have come from Robert Picton? After all the bone meal we fed our cattle could have come from humans as well? Read the post in the Beef section where it tells about the human bone trade in India?
            The fact is pork was not a good thing to eat because the pig is a scavenger in his natural state? He cleans up the garbage and diseased animals? That clearly doesn't hold true for modern pork production...other than maybe the "protein supplements" that might not be of vegetable origin?
            The same argument can be made for the Sabbath? What did Jesus say? He pretty well straightened the Pharises out on that one? Now if you believe Jesus was God then you realize that what he was saying? Again read Ruth to understand the role of the redeemer? If you don't believe Christ was God(and the redeemer) then yes you are still under the law and would have to strive to live by the law! Good Luck.

Comment

Sam, I know you mean well but God knew that we couldn't keep the whole law, that we would stumble. Gal.3;1-14. O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed amoung you as crucified? This only I want to learn from you: Did you recieve the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? Have you suffered so many things in vain-if indeed it was in vain? Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? just as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the nations by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying "In you all the nations shall be blessed. So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham. For as many as areof the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written CURSED is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them. But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for The just shall live by faith. Yet the law is not of faith, but The man who does them shall live by them............vs24...Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Have a nice day

Comment

Grace provides a way for those of us who are not able to live to the letter of the law. I used to try to do that and found that I became full of spiritual pride and was very critical of others. Grace provides us with freedom and joy! Praise the Lord!

Havin' a nice day -- goin' cuttin' second cut alfalfa.

Comment

Yes thank God for Grace. "Stand fast therefor in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangeled again with a yoke of bondage.........you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Comment

Good reasoning, human reasoning. Not very scriptural but good reasoning and like the pharisees that reasoned it got them in trouble. If the Bible is read from any other perspective than a hebrew and jewish perspective it is easily misunderstood. There needs to be an understanding what laws or instructions are from Torah and what laws that are dealt with that are the hedges that the religious leaders of the day had put in place for their own gain.
                    The way your faith and grace arguments come across we can scrap the whole OT and live after our feelings-whatever feels good and right and grace fills the holes. In Galatians mentioned Paul talks about salvation and the law that held sin against us is nailed to the cross. Right standing with God is very hard to acheive through the law. Priests in the OT could enter the holy of holies however and Yeshua a man, could live without sinning. The re-newed covenant is that through faith in that Yeshua is the incarnated word of God a human can be justified, free from sin, became a joint heir with Yeshua, fellow citizen with Israel an king and royal priest.
                    Paul and the apostles wrote a letter to the new gentile believers to keep at least 5 commandments and learn about the rest when they went to the synagogue on Sabbat to listen and learn. Now why would they insist on these instructions if faith is all it took?
                    Is it possible that anybody that reads in to Galatians what isn't there is missing the point that Yeshua Himself in Matt 5 and Paul in Rom 3:31 makes that the law is still in effect in regards to everything but how sin is dealt with. The gospel is that Yeshua took the whole worlds sin and it is not held against us. Only to not believe in Yeshua is a sin ,John 16:9, which the Holy Spirit is to convict the world of .
                    What do you guys mean we should do with the 10 commandments?And all of OT? Pick and choose? Funny thing because if the OT is null and void according to that type of picking, most preachers still kling to the tithing for dear life. Wonder why????
                    Since all believers are made in to a royal priesthood there is no levites that need tithes for sustinance, right.
                    What about not celebrating Gods feasts? Instead the mainstream religious world keeps man-made traditions based in pagan worship? What are they saying? That God can forget His odd Holy Days, because they are inconvenient and don't fit in todays society?, and He can accept what man has decided is fitting for themselves and therefore also for Him?
                    Like in the days of Noah an overwhelming majority had nothing but evil thoughts in their hearts . Law less ness. Without Torah.

Comment

I guess it boils down to what kind of success we have in soul-winning. That's what really counts. -- fulfilling the Great Commission.

What a joy there is in leading people to the Lord and see them come into a new found freedom, eh?

Well, the 2nd cut has suffered more frost damage than I thought it had so the windrow was pretty light in places. Now we need some drying weather. Let's be praying that way, okay?

Ran until after midnight and have a men's Bible study and prayer meeting at the church at 6 a.m. so it will be a short night. We have a new Tim Horton's that just opened on the weekend so we will pay it a visit for breakfast (might even include bacon -- crisp...mmmmmmmm) following the prayer time.

Good night, sports fans. Brett Favre and the Packers just about did it tonight, didn't they. I was listening to it on the tractor radio. Very enjoyable.

Comment

Good morning! I thought I'd share this one line quote with you:
                        "And I know that there are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings and I HATE people like that!" - Tom Lehrer

Just like the super snob that looks down on people who look down on others, eh?

Comment

sksundstrom: Of course we don't throw out the OT or pick and choose, as you put it. The bible is meant to be read as a whole book not just emphasizing certain parts. You don't get the whole story from five chapters?
                          Hey whatever works for you is fine...whatever works for me is fine? In the end we will all stand and be judged and will answer for our life on earth?
                          Now maybe on that day God will say "Well cowman you get to go to hell because you had a pork chop when I specifically told you not to", or he may say " Sorry you don't get in because you actually went out and drove the tractor on the Sabbath"!
                          Maybe that could happen...but I really doubt it? I guess we'll see!
                          Grace comes from God and really has nothing to do with you or me. God chooses who he wants and that's just how it is...at least in my mind...obviously not in yours!
                          As I said before my brand of Christianity is pretty easy to live with? I guess if I'm wrong I'll pay the price, but by "faith" I think I am right.

Comment

Better be right than left is my position. Right?

Comment

Fellas, our friend loves the legalistic road and we will let him go there. How frustrating it must be to wonder what did I miss doing today.About four times in the New Testamant He shows us that He is no respecter of persons and only faith and obediance get His pleasure. Remember God chose everybody but only a few choose Him as redeemer. Check your anti-freeze today.

Comment

Right on Swone!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.