• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going hard on faith!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I wouldn't get all bent out of shape trying to persuade the government to toe the biblical line? Frankly you are wasting your time.
    Why are people shocked when the government does some evil thing? Hasn't it always been like this?
    Consider this: Practically all the vices that organized crime used to cater too, has actually been taken over by the government? Do you really think they have Joe Citizens best interests at heart?
    Personally I don't care if the government wants to marry gays. People make their own choices and that includes the choice to choose evil? Isn't that what this life is all about?
    Legislating morality never works.

Comment

I agree. We shouldn't get bent out of shape. We should stay in shape. That is why I try to go for a 3 mile walk every morning. It is a good opportunity to pray for family and other things that the Lord brings to mind. He is the only one that can change government to come into line with His will and purpose.

Comment

I abhor the idea of legislating rules to live by. It has never worked,but when peoples hearts are changed changes happen naturally. The present decline in Canadian morallity is from private and reprobate agendas championed by the liberals. The gay marriage issue has been driven by a group of Montreal and torronto sodomite lawyers. The next liberal issue that they will promote is criminalizing evangelicals that speak out.

Comment

SW: You may just be very right about that! I suspect,soon, if some preacher stands up, in public, and says homosexuality is evil and wicked, he might be arrested for hate crimes. Which is not a good thing, in my opinion, because in fact he will only be quoting the bible? So what does that say for the bible? That it too is guilty of being hate literature?...and yet we believe it to be the inspired word of God! So does that mean the government can now declare God guilty of a hate crime???
          The absurbity of a group of mere men telling God how he must think is mind boggling! Does the clay tell the potter how to think?
          I truly believe some people are born with an inclination to be homosexual. I coached a boy in little league who was very effeminate...he ran like a girl and he threw like a girl! He grew up to become gay. I don't think he really had any option? He actually is a nice kid, very friendly, very honest. I figure, whatever he does is his own business?
          We all have a road to walk in this life and decisions on how we will live. I think in the big picture God will decide what is our true nature and what is in our heart? I don't think being gay is any worse of a sin in Gods eyes than quite a few other things and I don't believe any sin is unforgivable?
          We are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God...but the good news is we have a redeemer that will intercede for us and make us acceptable? Jesus Christ.

Comment

It is a blessing to know the redeemer, isn't it? A person very close to me has a number of homosexual friends. None of them know the Lord. They have done what they could to convince him that he is homosexual as well. I would say that most homosexuals have chosen to be that way. They prey on the vulnerable and try to entice them into that lifestyle. I speak from firsthand experience. They are decent people for the most part. I have befriended them in spite of my position on seeing that their sexual activity as being sinful. We are to hate the sin but love the sinner. Sometimes it is very difficult to do but it is the way of the Christian to do so.

Comment

There are some men or boys that are "sensitive" or lack some normal levels of testrogen but that doesn't make them gay. Many however believe the big lie that they are so different they must be gay. All it takes to send them over is rejection from others or an encounter with a *****. Let me say that not all gays or *****s are sodomites. God does not condemn us for evil thoughts wheather gay or straight,it is the acting out those thoughts that is sin. We all tend to blame others for our faults. The good news is the blood of Jesus cleans us from all sin if we repent with a contrite heart. In God's sight sodomy, adultery, murder and unbelief in His grace are all the same. I refer to 1 John 1;7-9 and Rev21;8

Comment

Very well written. The young gentleman that I referred to in my previous post was rejected by his peers growing up in a church environment because he had some learning and social skill challenges. When we moved off the farm and out of a rural community to live in a larger city he was accepted by the gays and street people. The rejection/acceptance factor is crucial. We need to befriend those who are a bit different before they are preyed upon by others with a hidden agenda.

Comment

I can only emagine the heart ache that you and your family must have experienced. It's bad enough that you see a family member going thru all those struggles but when fellow christians let you down it hurts even more. Rejection and selfishness wound deep. Only God's grace and mercy can pull us out, but we have to willingly let Him.

Comment

Shalom fellows
                    Good discussion. Regarding gays is my comment that the government legislates against smoking because it shortens the life of a human about 5-10 years. It is done for the good of all people to give us peons a better life!! Then they turn around and "bless" a lifestyle that cuts a humans life down to 45-50 years. Where is the logic?
                    Regarding faith is there is only one choiceto make. To believe in Yeshua ( Jesus) is to actually obey Gods word in the whole Bible. Not just what fits and feel good. I.e rest the 7th day for all, cattle and servants and non-believers alike. Look in your calendar and count to seven and find that it is not sunday like the catholic church has changed it to be. It is one of the ten commandments so if that one does not apply why bother with any others? How can God bless a person if that person does not follow the rules to be blessed? It is not a pick and choose belief. If a person chooses to believe in Yeshua, that is Gods word in the flesh, that person believes and lives by the same Gods word, logically. And the word that became flesh is not the gospels and epistels-it is the old testament that became flesh.
                    Sam

Comment

Shalom, Sam!

Comment

Shabbat Shalom!

Comment

Shabbat Shalom! I attended a men's prayer breakfast this morning that was excellent. Now it is back to the field to rake hay.

Comment

We went to a messianic church in Edmonton and listened to Abraham!!
                            Then we rested. So tomorrow is the first day of the workweek and I get to work gor myself then-well rested. We only hobby farm with 15 beef cattle so it is easy. Just enough for the kids so see where meet comes from. Fun to hear them talk about how Stewie or Tinkerbell tastes.
                            Anyway it's hard for a lot of people to realize that denominations mean nothing. Now and in the end there is only believers in Yeshua and non-believers in Yeshua, sheep-goats, with oil-without oil etc. Either in or out. The many manmade religions lack substance and many times are anti-Messiah. The lawlessness talked about for the endtimes is a resistance against Torah, which are the first 5 books in the OT. In the sermon on the mount in Matt 5 Yeshua explains that the law, which should have been translated- instructions, is by no means done away with as long as heaven and earth remains. Believe it or not!

Comment

I visited a synagogue in Edmonton one time when I was in our church youth group. It was very interesting and left a lifelong impression.

Comment

Going back to the gay lifestyle. What a lie from satan himself. That such a lifestyle stems from how God created certain humans. And to realize that there are christian churches that echoes that sentiment as well!!!
                                Is it possible that some people are demonized and thereby act out a gay lifestyle? Anywhich way, learnt behaviour or the result of being harassed by demons, there is freedom from such a destructive lifestyle through belief in Yeshua.
                                By the way was the life long impression positive or negative? Was it an orthodox or Messianic congregation?
                                Fencing today. Whopdido!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.