• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new no-bloat alfalfa

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new no-bloat alfalfa

We have been hearing some pretty impressive numbers on gain for steers on this stuff ie 4-5lbs /day (form research station) anybody have any experience on this product? I know we have all had a bad experience with the other type of alfalfa.Still uneasy about letting abunch of steers out on pure alfalfa. Dan

I suggest you check with the Alberta ag reps before you turn out those steers. The alfalfa is supposedly bloat-reduced, not bloat free. Contact Bjorn Berg @ Lethbridge, as I think he has done some research on this

Comment

Good suggestion to contact Bjorn Berg at 403-381-5835 or berg@agric.gov.ab.ca No alfalfa is bloat free that is currently on the market there is still the danger of bloat. People that graze alfalfa manage this risk through various techniques that include grazing styles and tools like CRC Rumensin boluses.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...