• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGV....coalbed methane!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGV....coalbed methane!

Just yesterday, I had a representative of MGV(gas exploration company) come looking for water.
    I told him very clearly that first of all his company had to pay their past bill! He babbled away about a different division etc.
    Then he proceeded to make me a very low offer, which I rejected. He upped it to the industry standard, with a lot of hemming and hawing, and tellig me how hard times were in the coalbed methane business! I told him the price would be 25% more which really got him excited! He told me he just could not possibly pay that much! I told him that is fine, go get your water somewhere else because frankly I didn't want to deal with his low life company anyway! Then I gave him a little lecture on business integrity! He left...not a happy camper.
    Later he phoned me and said they, reluctantly, would meet my price! I told him sorry, I have decided not to deal with you and you can go buy your water in town. I really don't like that company!

Seismic companies tend to have the same busines tactics here. I don't let them on my place anymore.

Comment

When a sismic company comes to my door I welcome them with open arms yes sometimes they make a bit of a mess but until I can find a better source of revenue than the pay I will take thiers unless it is to close to the yard but I have never had a problem if I told them to stay back so far they did as they were told and 600$per half mi $75 for a fence and they dont even cut them anymore for the use of driving across a frozen field is better than I can make doing anything else Plus Damages.
      I recieved 2700 one winter on 1 qt as they had to go around the outside to get to thier line as there was a slough in the way.

Comment

I could tell horror stories of the mess seismic has made on my property. They did not respect the condition that they had to contact me prior to entry, one group went so far as to be tearing around off the seismic line at 10:00 PM with quads. The last bunch didn't plug shot holes that were flooding and when the were made to come back, they left literal MOUNTS of betonite on the field.
        I will never allow them back on the place, the little bit of money I received is nothing compared to the stress of watching them like a hawk to make sure they fixed fences, shut gates etc.

Comment

Coalbed methane wells in Alberta will be as numerous as liberals around the public trough so we need to develope a stategy to deal with companies that drill. I am a land man and I know landowners have been gyped for years. My advise... be as difficult as you can, but be nice.SW1-32-5-4

Comment

hey Horse I dont let them do fence cuts, that way they need more access and thats money in my pocket

Comment

les: Do you belong to a surface rights Association? We are trying to get one set up here east of Red Deer.

Comment

Cowman... no i dont but there is one here that is pretty good.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...