• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopper Cars

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopper Cars

Incognito;

It is said the farmers will own those cars for $1 by the end of the week.

What is the vote of agri-villers on this little puppy of deal?

(Sigh... won't talk about the CWB... any more...)

External Trade issues?

Easy come easy go?

Will giving the cars to farmers be seen as charity, a good business deal... or what?

Meeting on the hill today Tom for the politically connected. Word is that CGC is the focus moreso than its brother. They are out of money again before the next appropriation (Apr. 01)

Hopper cars are also on the agenda.

Dollar is trading 1.2202 this morning. There is some good news.

Comment

Tom,
      what are your feelings on the FRCC?

Comment

I think in a word HOPPERSCAM!!Time will tell as info comes out about CWB involvment.Anything more is pure speculation but FOI Act will tell.

Comment

JD4Me;

There are much better ways of helping grain farmers, than giving them old railcars.

Trade issues? I am concerned.

Control/Maintance of the cars? Why do we need another player and expence to keep this player in the Industry?

Wouldn't it be better to go with a commercial system of transportation, with loan floor for grain prices like the US and EU does?

Comment

http://www.cta-otc.gc.ca/media/speech-discour/2004/041202_e.html

Comment

Tom4CWB I agree, keep a commercial system and then get policy change on the railway cap for maintenance. Even a billed for service approach, at least we would know how much the service would cost, even the railroads shouldn't be able to bill fraudulently.

Does anyone know if FRCC plans on doing the maintenance themselves or will they simply be a 'cars for lease' company?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...