• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BORDER NEWS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BORDER NEWS

Canadian cattle imports may be near

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Main Index |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by HAY MAKER on Dec-4-04 10:43am

There could soon be a break in the progress to reopen the U.S. border to the import of Canadian cattle. A report in Cattle Buyers Weekly says the rule to allow young Canadian live cattle back into the U.S. would be published in the Federal Register next Wednesday or Thursday. The report says the rule would become effective 60 days after publication. No details on the rule were available..................good luck, the good news is if you been waiting to buy some replacement heifers looks like it wont be long.

Current thread:

Canadian cattle imports may be near HAY MAKER Dec-4-04 10:43am

Re: Canadian cattle imports may be near hayseed Dec-4-04 10:51am

Re: Canadian cattle imports may be near Manitoba_rancher Dec-4-04 11:37am

Thanks Stout! It'll work out dandy for me with my sale on the 15th of Dec!
    All young ones too by the way! Some very good replacement quality heifers (calves which gives you lots of room to sort out border delays!) How many do you want!!!! Is it snowing there yet? Sure is here, gonna stick this time too. Don't worry about these heifers you're taking, Stout, they're used to snow, and real sweet babies too, you'll love 'em. Have fun building a snowman today with yer kids/grandkids, it's just the right kind of real good sticky stuff! Have a good day all!

Comment

whiteface you are quite a cattle sales lady.I read some of your posts IM impressed,but I run black cattle ,besides you would probably try to take advantage of an old Texas cowboy? I never could cut a fair deal with a good looking woman......good luck

Comment

I'll wear a mask and a snowsuit, Stout, so you won't be distracted by my pretty blue eyes or slender waistline...
        You know the best cross for black cattle is a good whiteface!
        I hope someday I can come to Texas. At least it's warm there, I might get overheated in my snowsuit!!!!! LOL!
        By morning we'll be snowed in at this rate! Stay warm guys!

Comment

Well I sure hope Ralph won't use this as an excuse to welch on the calf set aside? Although I wouldn't put it past him!
          Still I hope they make the announcement and we can all look forward to some stability in the market and a return to more profitable times.

Comment

AMEN cowman. STOUT, thanks for your update and encouragement.

Comment

I can't believe you "Red-cowboys". Happy to be manipulated into an altered state on unconsciensness (called hypnosys).
              The Govt. wants to keep us in a "Hand-out" positon.
              When are we going to say 'Thanks for the fish but i'd like a fishing rod.'

Comment

I notice the market seems to be responding to positive news! The neighbor sold 580 lb. steers on thursday for $1.20/lb.! Now these were fancy black steers, without a doubt, from a very large reputation herd, but I would suggest it indicates things are turning around?
                Everything looks pretty good right now. Feed is really cheap and demand for good calves is there! Get that border open and let the good times roll!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...