• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

150 DAYS?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

150 DAYS?

President Bush says he will try to speed-up border reopening
    Wednesday, December 1, 2004, 7:06 AM

by Bob Meyer

President George W. Bush met with Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin in Ottawa on Tuesday and beef trade was one of the topics discussed. Martin told the President, "this has been studied to death and one, very much, hopes that the time delays, which are set out, can be cut short." The President said he understands the pressure on Canadian cattle producers and he understands the Prime Minister's frustration, but, "there's a series of regulation that are required by U.S. law."

Bush would give no concrete timetable for reopening the border other than saying he has asked the Office of Management and Budget to move it along, "I have sent word over that they need to expedite that request as quickly as possible." The procedure for lifting the ban takes around 150 days and includes a public comment period.

Thanks for the info Stout! Howz yer weather down there? Supposed to get cold here on the weekend, maybe some snow...
    Do Texans even own any long johns?

Comment

Apparently, it can take up to 6 months to review issues that come to the attention of the Office of Management and Budget (this includes review process and comment period). But the review process time varies from 30-90 days. Now considering Bush has told the OMB to 'move quickly' on its review, I wonder if the review time will be shortened to 30 days? or even 60 days?

Bush is expected to mention more on what was discussed concerning trade issues, today in Halifax.

Comment

Another important point is Bush spent 30 minutes with Harper who emphasized that Bushes main support was in the west and that was the area worst hit by the border closure. The meeting was only scheduled for ten minutes. Harper was also accompanied by one of his fellow conservative MP’s whose son is serving in the Middle East.

Comment

whiteface how was your trip,I see you made it back ok,Weather is in the twenties this morning feeding those replacement heifers got mighty cold,made me wonder why I didnt haul their but to town.You tell me would you have on a nice pair of long johns?......good luck..PS BMR was hoping he would have seen you.

Comment

Trip was awesome, thanks for asking. I'd lend you my long johns, but they likely wouldn't fit you!!! Even after 2 kids, my little tush is the envy of a lot girls! I would have liked to meet BMR also, it is neat now to think of how many people we actually know but have never had the pleasure of meeting face to face that were in that standing room only arena watching the Supreme show on Sunday. Always a crowd favorite event, the battle of the breeds and one of the first times in history, the polled hereford even deserved a chance and won! I can't stand the guy that owns him (there are a few owners, pick the one you think it is that irritates me!) but I think the man that bred this bull's maternal grandsire walks on water so it is a bittersweet win for me.
            I was right down ringside on the floor next to the slapping of the Supreme bull with a good friend of mine who was holding another polled hereford contender that I bred and raised so I wasn't lost in the crowd, maybe BMR remembers seeing me! I doubt it! The place was packed!
            So what are your measurements Stout??!!! Should I ship a pair of my long johns?? My waist is pretty close to your temperature (in Farenheit!) let me know if they'll fit!
            Behave! This is a family site! Have a good day!

Comment

whiteface when I get to OLDS we will compare sizes..............good luck

Comment

White face that was quite the show on Sunday. I was up with the royal bank crowd so was on the side where the angus cow was picked. Sorry i didn't get to meet you but maybe another time. I don't know if i have told you but i went to Olds college many moons ago. that was nice for the Polled H to win as since the Exotics came to NA many good british haven't got the recognition that they deserve. i raise black angus but recognise excellance in most breeds but would not want to be the one to pick out of all those Champs. The only way would pick would be to bring them home for a year the the survivor goes back as the winner. many of the show ring champs would find it tough surviving in the badlands i'm afraid.

Comment

I agree Big Muddy, that's a tough job picking a Supreme among all those nice looking cattle. But yeah! Turn them all out in pasture together and see which one(s) are doing well a year from now! Good experiment! I have my doubts it's would be the Polled Hereford, especially knowing the guys who brought him. He did look better than any polled bull I've seen in a while though.
                  So hey, all kidding aside, just how did you get caught up in that fence anyway! Or were you one of those poor souls passed out at the Swamp on Saturday night! Where do I get some of that good whiskey!
                  Glad you had a good time! Sorry I missed you. Thank goodness for a keyboard, I can hardly talk these days with all the nice people I met up with over the weekend and the dust in those barns. Nice to be back home visiting with all of you here!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...