• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Due process

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB Due process

Charlie;

Did you know that in neither of the last two "Grain Matters" that the CWB has published;

Sept/Oct 04, or Nov/Dec 04, was the CWB election discussed at all?

THis CWB periodical goes to all CWB permit book holders... (except those the CWB choses to discriminate against) yet the CWB failed to mention the CWB election which was it's proper responibility.

Instead the shining grin of Chairman Ken Ritter, Director from Kindersley SK. is on the front page of both issues.

In the 2002 edition... the CWB election was properly entered into the publication.

I saw the MNP CWB election notice only in the Western Producer. I know many folks who do not buy this paper.

Exactly why did the CWB not carry out it's obligation to inform producers about the 04 election?

Tom,

Seems to me that the producers who get "Grain Matters" are the same producers who automatically get mailed a ballot in the election. To tell people who have ballots in hand that the election is happening would be redundant.

What do you think of forming an "electoral commission" consisting of five producers who would take charge of the election process and oversee it? How do Elections Canada govern themselves?

Comment

Vader;

We need 3rd party oversight of the CWB election... that I am sure of.

Since close to 1000 producers without ballots had no notice of the election at all... except if they subscribe the the Western Producer...I think you would agree the CWB had responsibility to act like we live in a land that promotes free and democratic elections.

Instead we got Ken Ritter's picture with an article that says the same thing, in a little different way... time after time...

Just go back through the Grain Matters Chairman comments on thru the CWB web site. Many back issues are posted there.

It is pretty sticky stuff...

Candy Cotton gets a little boring after a while, wouldn't you say?

And how good is it for us Vader?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...