• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handheld GPS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handheld GPS

Am looking for a handheld GPS unit to measure acres and mark spots in a field for weeds, rocks, etc. Any input as to what make or other features I should look for?

Start looking here:

[URL="http://www.farmworks.com/main/indexm.cgi"][/URL]

Comment

I bought a Garmin GPS 76 a couple of years ago to measure fields and mark small items. It is accurate to about 10 feet on return visits, so that rock you marked will be within 10 feet from that marked spot when you return to find it. On field area, it seemed to be within 1/10 of an acre as compared to my trimble unit in the sprayer.

Comment

Gps shopping can be very confusing,as I found out when I purchased my last one.You have to take your time and do alot of research to make sure you end up with the right one.

As far as I know there are only 3 units which will do acreage calculations.They are the e-trex legend,e-trex vista,and maghellan gps map s.

I ended up buying an e-trex legend.It does everything I need it to do around the farm,is small,and relatively inexpensive.

I hope this helps as a start.You can find out lots of good info with comparison charts at www.prairie.mb.ca

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.