• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCIA Website

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCIA Website

Check this out

https://www.clia.livestockid.ca/CCIARG/

It's a website for producers. You create an account. Have your CCIA pin number ready, you'll need it.

Especially check out the newsletter. Signs of things to come like premises ID, and other forms of tracking. This looks like it will be light years ahead of the Americans, if they get it all going. Some may not like it though, but I guess it's a new fact of life. (If it all develops in to a market advantage, it's a bonus.)

One especially good piece of news in there is that we will soon be able to upload birthdates to attach to CCIA numbers.

Next thhing Kato is that the Dept. of Revenue will know your inventory, the the realtive value of it. Welcom Big Brother!

Comment

Likely they already know our inventory, God knows we have had to fill out enough CAIS forms and you can bet that info is passed around to whomever wants in within Government

Comment

When they first began pushing the idea of a traceback eartag, one of the points they stressed over and over again was that this info would never be shared with anyone? It was only to be used for traceback! I attended the meetings and I heard Carl Block and Julie Stitt state that very clearly!
        So have things changed?

Comment

Cowman

Technology can be pretty darned scary. The amount of data that has been collected on all of us is actually quite astounding.

Bank details, health details, marital status, kids, education, criminal records from 30 years ago when somone was a bit wilder than the rest - and so on and so on.

Biggest problem I have with someone promising to NOT abuse personal data. The penalty for abuse of this data - if there is one - is certainly not large enough to deter somone from abuse.

Promises are promises - only as good as the person making them.

Regards

Bez

Comment

They do not know my inventory. Personally I have not answered one question for stats Canada or any other government department in 25 years. I never apply for programs!!
            They took me to court, found me guilty, prosecutor took me to lunch and was ashamed that she one, saying my arguments were excellent!
            They charged me the highest fine yet and I told the judge that the fine would have no rehabilitation affect as I was quite happy to pay for my privacy and freedom.
            That was 15 years ago and they have not bothered me since.

Comment

A few years back I also had some fun with Stats Can.They harrassed me for weeks to do some sort of survey and I refused every time they phoned.Finally the last time they phoned I was very polite to the person on the phone and told them I didn't mean to be rude to them personally but I could tell them nothing,or I could tell them a bunch of big fat lies.The guy laughed and I have never heard from Stats Can ever since.

Comment

Cowman, yes things have changed, some associations have the check off attached to the ear tag and the info that goes with it is in there data banks.

Comment

When ever I get a Stats-Can survey, I always try to allot it the time it deserves. Some of the answers may not be total correct, but are the best I can do in the 2 minutes allotted.
                  Spending no more than 2 minutes right off the bat is a lot better than fretting about it for weeks and ending up in a big confrontation with some pipsqueak. That’s a real waste of time.

Comment

greybeard...If you dont want to answer the stats-can survey just tell them no like a lot of people do including me.There is no law stating you have to answer them.They might tell you there is but there isnt.

Comment

I sometimes don't mind giving them some data, if I think the topis is relevant. I think the better information they have the better they can operate. I don't appreciate people who always complain about how out of touch government or some organizations are, and then tell them a lie to every question they ask.
                      I also agree that they have a lot of information already, and who cares if they know how many cows I have?

Comment

Got a phone survey once asking my opinion on the bank! Boy, was that fun. I was ready willing and able to tell them my opinions, and enjoyed every minute of it. I think they wished they hadn't called.

As for the confidentiality, I was talking to the CCIA today to see if we needed two pin numbers, because the set aside program is split between us due to our partnership, and our CCIA pin number is in only one name.

She said it doesn't matter, because the government is not allowed into the database to see who the numbers were assigned to. It is none of their business, in her words. I liked that. I hope they keep it up.

Oh yea, and she said that we should be able to input birthdates by April 5 of 2005.

Comment

Thats awesome, I think our animal tracking system is the best marketing tool we have, especially when it comes to competing with US grain fed beef in Asia. The Japanese inspectors will be over here right away, and I am confident they will be very impressed with our system.
                          Consumers everywhere prefer to have more information regarding hte food they are consuming .....even if they don't always use it, it still gives them peace of mind.

Comment

Kato:

CCIA pin number....?????

Comment

I have bought and used the bar code tags for the last three years and have never gotten a pin number. Where do you get one?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...