• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seeded acres

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeded acres

central alberta. seeded 25% cps 25% hrs and 50% argentine canola. prepriced 20% of cps and 40% of canola. anybody else?

West Central Saskatchewan. 35% Yellow Peas, 35% Canola, 30% HRS Wheat. About the same ratios as last year. I won't price my Canola 'til I get better emergence. Been too dry here. May have to reseed some.

Comment

You said you won't price any canola 'till you see emergence. Does that mean you could actually end up with zero yield over your entire acreage? Is that possible?

Comment

Zero yield is a definite reality if you were caught in last weeks frost(s) in central Alberta. I had to re-seed all of my canola, but replaced it with feed barley. I for one am glad I did not pre-price my canola! Lots & lots of guys in the area in the same situation.

Comment

just have to choose between a crappy canola crop or a late barley crop. Which one will cost you more? (unless the stand is completely shot)

Comment

Has anyone put any numbers to the amount of canola either re-seeded or switched to barley. The switches open a little better price improvement opportunity for canola (keeping in mind world vegoil/US soybean oil prices are in the toilet/continued competition from the EU/Assie land for canola markets). Where are all the homes for this years monster barley crop. Even if yields are low, a 2.5 to 3 MMT carryover plus production from 13 mln acres plus means lots of feed supplies. If there are monster supplies of barley this fall, will farm managers sign CWB contracts?

Comment

... not to mention what will happen to feed barley if we get another 'timely' frost and all the wheat acres go feed ...

Comment

Dry conditions caused very patchy emergence. Even after a few showers, I am not happy with the stand. One quarter is especially poor. After watching it all spring I have decided I will spray it the end of this week and hope for the best. Drought is still a very big concern here.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...