• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop CBC and Suzuki propaganda...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop CBC and Suzuki propaganda...

Subject: Two part "Nature of things " Documentary: "Apocalypse Cow"

“Apocalypse Cow”

Hello All You Evil Prion Growers (Alias: Ranchers!);

The above Quote is a “Nature of Things” T.V. program title, a play on words based on the movie “Apocalypse Now”. The phrase “claims” to unveil hidden truths, as in the biblical prophesy of the “Book of Revelations” by St. John. Nothing could be further from the truth! It is old – old – old “news”, manipulated and misinterpreted for some clandestine purpose. What is their agenda? Why are they only now airing this old disproven hypothetical crap, when it has been available for years?

Jan.04, Stanley B. Prusiner to a committee of the U.S. Congress: “CJD is ALWAYS FATAL”

Nov.18, 04, David Suzuki to all of Canada on CBC television: “BSE is ALWAYS FATAL”

WITHOUT FEAR OF BSE “INFECTION” THERE IS NO BSE INDUSTRY! GET IT?

This two part story is being broadcast across Canada, and recently aired its’ first of two parts, on CBC T.V., Nov.18, 04, the second chapter likely next week, Nov. 25, 04.

Some of you previously alerted us of the upcoming program. Kathy went to their website prior to the airing of the show and discovered that the abstract highlighting this upcoming program, made an absolute connection to the fact that vCJD IS CAUSED by the consumption of BSE “infected” food products, which of course is absolutely false, as feeding trials have vindicated the safety of “Prion” consumption, and laboratory work has proven the fallacy of “infectivity” (invasion and replication).

THE CHEMISTRY USED IN THE LABORATORY (AND IN EVERY PATENT LISTED ON THESE DISEASES) CORROBORATES AND CONFIRMS, THE GROUND BREAKING AND UNDENIABLE, EPIDEMIOLOGICAL-ENVIRONMENTAL-EVIDENCIARY FOUNDATION OF MARK PURDEY, WHERE-IN, VIRTUALLY EVERY S.E. HOT SPOT ON EVERY CONTINENT, HAS BEEN CATOLOGUED.

Based on the CBC website abstract of their upcoming program, Kathy wrote a letter (appended to the end of this email), which demanded an explanation of their shoddy detective work and a stop to their program.

No response has yet been received, and the first show has already aired.

We have the program on tape, and it is much worse than could have been expected!

The program spends long periods going into the histories of vCJD victims, how wonderful they were, how loving they were, etc, etc, etc! This is the lowest form of propaganda there is, pulling at the heart strings of unsuspecting people, to promote bogus ideology, rather than appealing to the logic of their brains with the use of scientific argument. No one, including myself, is attempting to deny that vCJD has been caused by HGH injections and human dura-matter transplantation. The fact avoided by all these promulgators of propaganda, is that science has proven that these materials are free of any infectious organism, leaving only the choice of poisoning via un-protocalled contamination of said in vivo inserted materials.

They state the following falsehoods in their first “program”;

1) BSE is infectious,

2) Infectious Prions were found in the meat and bone meal (MBM) fed to ruminants,

3) The Prions in the (MBM) caused BSE in the UK,

4) The Prion remained infectious due to revised “continuous flow” MBM cooking procedures,

5) The U.S. & Canada, knew the Prion remained viable, and continued the processing of MBM in this “unsafe”, revised method,

6) All cases of BSE in Canada & the U.S. have been caused by the above “unsafe” MBM processing,

7) All cases of vCJD in the world have been caused by the consumption of BSE contaminated meat,

8) Canada and the U.S. “knowingly” contaminated poultry and pork, by continuing to feed MBM to them,

THE ABOVE EIGHT POINTS, ARE ALL LIES, AS THEY HAVE ALL BEEN DISPROVEN BY SCIENTIFIC DETERMINATION. NO SCIENTIFIC DATA HAS EVER EXISTED TO SUPPORT ANY ONE OF THE ABOVE STATEMENTS, INCLUDING THE ORIGINAL INFECTIOUS MBM HYPOTHESIS, WHICH RELIED SOLELY ON A TENUOUS THEORETICAL CONNECTION TO THE NARROW U.K. SPACIO-TEMPORALITY DATA OF “WHILESMITH ET AL”.

Bloody hell! This is only half of the crap they have, with another “show” on the way!

THESE TWO PROGRAMS WILL DO MORE DAMAGE TO THE NORTH AMERICAN BEEF INDUSTRY THEN ALL THE BOOKS AND PROPAGANDA WE HAVE SEEN OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS!

This is libel, and slander! It must be stopped. We don’t need to prove the science on this issue, they do. We must therefore demand of CBC, Suzuki and Burley, the provision of the scientific evidence (which doesn’t exist), or a retraction. Failure to accomplish this should result in their being named in a libel suit filed under the Criminal Code, followed by a civil suit for damages.

WE MUST ACT NOW!! Please contact your ABP or other cattle industry reps and demand that they also force our industry leaders to act against this offensive libelous attack against our animals, against our reputations, against our futures.

AN INJUNCTION SHOULD BE FILED BY THE CANADIAN CATTLEMANS’ ASSOC. to prevent the next program from airing! This would send a strong message to the media and the world! It would upset the ”BSE-Infectious-Industry”

applecart.

Here is how to get a hold of them: commho@cbc.ca; tnot@toronto.cbc.ca; solutions@davidsusuki.org

ALSO CONTACT: Fed and Prov Ag & Health ministers, The CRTC (Canadian Radio and Television Commission), Senators, ABP, CCA, NCBA, R-CALF, WSG, SSG, Breed Associations, Dairy Mkt. Brd. Etc.

Please do what you are able, thanks,

Leslie Czar ph/fax; 403-854-2433

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kathy’s Nov. 18, 04 letter;

Subject: URGENT David Suzuki BSE shows rely on false data from Horne Report

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Nov. 18 and Nov. 25 Nature of Things programs on BSE, Dr. Suzuki relying on False Information in G. Horne Report, UK

After reading this sites information on the up and coming shows on BSE, I am gravely concerned that Dr. Suzuki definitely blames the consumption of BSE diseased meat/ meat products on causing the human vCJD. This statement is not proven, and if libelous against the cattle industry.

I would like very much to converse with Dr. Suzuki, or the producer, Mr. Ray Burley, about why these statements are not conclusively supported by science.

On a more specific note, the reliance of all scientists upon the Gabriel Horne Report of the UK (2001) for accurate and factual data, has lead to this error in opinion on the connection of Organophosphates and Copper Deficiency in relation to BSE.

I will attach a copy of my letter to the Alberta Beef Producers dated Oct. 26, 2004 which was sent to inform them of dramatic errors in relation to dates and matters concerning OP usage and BSE. These are actually lies which the British Government refuses to correct. However, it is very easy to investigate and prove the Horne Report’s data on OPs is false and misleading. Please read the attached letter.

As science has shown that during the course of normal feeding practices, BSE cannot be transmitted to animals from contaminated (BSE or Scrapie) feed, it would be very dangerous and damaging for a program of the “Nature of Things” stature, to go out on this well-occupied limb and make this direct connection to human disease, let alone the transmission to cattle.

There are some references in my letter to the ABP Technical Committee, but these certainly do not show all of the places which information can be accessed to prove foul play by the Horne Report. This singular document has been quoted and referenced by many, many other institutions as gospel – without verification of its work. Harvard and the AB government both used this false information as their sole support for their opinion on the lack of evidence connecting BSE and copper deficiency induced by organophosphates.

I would respectfully ask that you pull this two part story until these lies have been cleared up, and the truth has been exposed to all about this mistaken trust of the Gabriel Horne Report.

There is no need to take my word for the truth, these lies can be confirmed with some investigative work. I am truly disappointed in the work done here by “The Nature of Things” and Dr. Suzuki. Blind faith in analytical reports can no longer be allowed. I hope you will contact me today. I welcome a long or short conversation with Mr. Burley or Dr. Suzuki.

I can be reached at (403) 854-2433 ph/fax any time of the day.

Yours Truly,

Mrs. Kathy Czar

Hanna, AB

lkczar@telus.net

Better still ignore them because this crap will go away - looks to me like we are already turning the corner as it no longer creates a media stir.
    I've said it before but I firmly believe that the true causes of BSE will not be sought. To get to the truth would take input from the British Government and they have very happily put a lid on any further meaningful investigation into BSE. To reveal the truth on BSE would mean multi-million dollar liabilities for European Governments and they are not going to go down that road. Let's move on, life is too short.

Comment

Unfortunately I missed the first episode - and it is generally run again on Sundays and I missed that too.

Probably good advice your giving grassfarmer, especially when you read something like this, which is taken from the Food Safety Net. Kind of blows the man's credibility if you ask me. The real irony is that he has been a publicist for over 25 years now and does what he needs to in order to draw an audience.

Profs said too close to biotechnology industry
      November 20, 2004
      The Leader-Post (Regina)/CP
      SASKATOON -- David Suzuki, author, speaker and host of CBC's The Nature of Things, was cited as telling the National Farmers Union's 35th annual meeting on Friday afternoon in Saskatoon, that university professors, including those at the University of Saskatchewan, are selling their souls to corporate interests and are becoming cheerleaders for the biotechnology industry, adding, "Academics receiving grant money from these various industries become defenders of these industries and no longer are capable of looking at the issues from all sides. It grieves me, therefore as a geneticist, to have to say that I am appalled at the way that my fellow scientists have rushed to proclaim the enormous economic promise of genetic engineering with almost no serious discussion about the other side, which would be the enormous potential costs."
      The stories say that the standing-room-only crowd of more than 500 people gave Suzuki at least three standing ovations during his one-hour presentation and the question and answer session that followed.
      The stories note that during the presentation, Suzuki pointed to professors at the colleges of agriculture at the universities of Saskatchewan and Guelph who were critical of a 1989 Nature of Things program on organic farming, adding in an interview afterwards that, "They said that we were not scientific, that there was an attack on the chemical industry."
      Suzuki was further cited as maintaining that universities have sold their souls to industry, adding, "They have allowed the private sector in. Their faculty members who have tenure, they are taking private grants so they now have a vested interest in the company that is giving them money. Do you think they will speak freely? If you get a grant from Monsanto, do you think you will speak out and criticize Monsanto? You become like a tobacco industry spokesman and I don't think that belongs in the university. ? Anybody that comes in and tells you: 'We know enough to be able to manage (biotechnology). Don't worry about it. Trust us.' is either unbelievably uninformed or deliberately lying. We just don't know."

Comment

Good advice grassfarmer. There are those who feel that Suzuki is the greatest guru alive, and of course anything he chooses to air in his programs is gospel to these folks.
        I assure you I am not one of them !!!

Comment

I'm maybe misunderstood here - i'm not a Suzuki guru but Cakadu, I see nothing in the article you quoted that I would disagree with, certainly nothing that dispels his credibility.
          What I was advising against was farmers and ranchers, however well intentioned, wasting their time trying to prove the true causes of BSE. This "bse crisis" in Canada may be a disaster for us but it is an insignificant event in terms of BSE worldwide. Realise that BSE (the "disease")is not really the cause of our current troubles and maybe we will get somewhere.

Comment

Grassfarmer, what I saw in the article - aside from whether you agree with biotechnology or not - is the fact that he was stating that scientists were rushing to one side over the other and based on what people are saying about the show that he has aired, don't you think he is rushing to condemn one side and not show the other? Maybe it's because I am no Suzuki fan at all.

Given that he is a publicist he will go where the "big bucks" are for him too and air the stories that will get the dollars flowing to his foundation. Is that in essence any different than what other scientists are doing?

I seem to recall a segment he did years back about the dangers of pesticides on food and all that it could do to us and yet we are eating more fruits and vegetables than we ever have and the catastophies he "predicted" have not yet come to pass. Yes, we were all glad that DDT use was stopped here and it would be nice if it were stopped the world over, but not everyone in the world has the money to use alternatives. We seem to judge everyone else by what we here in the Western Hemisphere can do and that sometimes does not work for others.

As you state, Grassfarmer, this whole BSE thing is likely ahead of the science that can be used to determine the causes and the cures. It is really no different than e-coli in some respects, we've known about it for years, but we are really just at the tip of the iceberg in terms of really understanding it and more importantly, how to detect it and/or prevent it.

Has David stopped to consider just what kind of consequences airing a program like this could create, particularly amongst those that do feel that he is a guru?

There are perils in poor risk communication and nobody understands that better than the UK.

Comment

A clear case of scientists dumping their morals and profession out the window in return for cash was the approval of BST in milk. Monsanto approached the experimental farm at a University (College or whatever) wanting them to scientifically prove the safety of their product and gain approval for it in N.America, of course Monsanto paid the costs and rightly so. All the research data was gathered by Monsanto direct from the parlour computers and they analysed it before presenting it to the University to announce as their scientific findings. It emerged later from an outraged dairyman that Monsanto had totally manipulated the information and pulled many young cattle from the trial results - because they had to be taken away and slaughtered due to serious condition loss. USDA approved the product of course which led to it being widely used in the US but thankfully not in Canada. A recent research finding shows that over 90% of the young BST treated animals culled from herds have a serious degree of bone cancer. To my mind this kind of stuff needs to be highlighted - dismiss Suzuki as a crazy environmentalist at your peril.
              Also, are you suggesting that some of the store bought fruit and vegetables we consume daily aren't carrying significant levels of pesticide residues? That isn't my impression.

Comment

I couldn't agree more with you on the whole BST issue and am glad that it never made it into Canada. What alarmed me the most was the consequences that it had for the poor animals.

I don't believe that he is a crazy environmentalist and will even agree that he makes some good points from time to time, but I am far from believing that his every word is gospel.

The whole issue of pesticide residues is one where there were an awful lot of alarm bells rung that I'm not sure needed to be rung quite as loudly as they were. It's hard to say just how much residue is left on the fruits and vegetables by the time we get them in the store. I also know that there have been studies done that show that organically grown products can have higher levels of micotoxins than their conventionally grown counterparts, so that worries me a little.

I can give you an example of pesticide use in a developing country. About 3 years ago, I went as part of a group to Chile where we toured their vegetable and fruit growing regions. Some in our group were skeptical about pesticide use there until we found out that there is relatively little, if any used. Even on g****s and I was astonished to find out just how much g****s are sprayed in other countries. For the g****s, they used roses at the end of the rows as they would act as indicators for pests. They are able to limit or eliminate the pesticide use because they have so many natural barriers to pests i.e. the Indies on one side, the ocean on the other and the gateway to the Antarctic at the south end. The skeptics came away with new found knowledge and appreciation that pesticides weren't nearly as prevalent as they thought.

As a precaution, we do wash everything around here, but I am not overly concerned about residues.

Comment

I had an interesting visit to Viet Nam a few years back and it was interesting to see their use of natural pest control methods also. With their experiences of US chemical exposure and arial spraying during the war they are very wary of using anything coming out of a drum. They had lots of fish and frogs in their paddy fields and also ducks in large numbers - all of which provided protein for their diets as well as weed/pest control. It was great to see these hard working people running a sucessful food growing operation in harmony with nature. And then you come back to the "advanced western world" with it's high tech industrial farming, monocultures of gm crops and everything else sprayed while the actual farmers growing the grain are making no money - who are the smartest farmers? Most of our fruit and vegetables in the stores unfortunately comes from industrial farming not natural farming so I'm not terribly reassured of it's safety with regard to pesticide residue.

Comment

How many ducks would you need to control 1500 acres of crop???

Comment

David Suzuki makes his living on sensationalisms. Ever week they have to come up with a story that will shock you. The world is going to end and your going to die is the predominate them. I used to watch him back in the 70’s when that stuff seemed more interesting. Maybe he was had better topics or maybe one of us (or both) changed.
                      The other night, I noticed the program on the guide and flipped it on to watch what he had to say about how the Canadian beef producer was getting a raw deal. The first thing I saw was a young woman suffering from CJD. Shocking to say the least. Of course, I just pushed the button and David is gone from my life forever.
                      I do note that he is stuck on the CBC. Rather a small audience for someone of his importance. Consider it preaching to the converted.

Comment

Canadians have always had the need to be “scared” of something and Suzuki has made a living off of this fact.

This thread was not started to debate the merits of one David Suzuki.

The issue here is whether we should sit idly buy while our tax funded CBC, using lies, trashes our industry, and uses our own money to do it!!

I respectfully suggest that we all follow the courageous lead of Kathy Czar and her husband and let our voices be heard.

To sit back and criticize their effort as a waste of time just shows that many can talk, but are of no help when it comes to a fight.

Comment

The first post on this thread I also posted on an Ontario non-agricultural site and the response supportive of the beef industry. But on the other hand very hard on Suzuki. The following is one of the posts:

Quote:
                          The worst part of it all is that Suzuki is a trained scientist.

More like a trained huckster........ironically Hollywood has graced us with the movie on Kinsey this month so we can see the paralells between Kinsey's life long quest to cloak his own perversions by cleansing it as science....he was an trained entomologist...he studied bugs.....how this qualified him to become the formost authority in human sexuality by associating with prostitutes and homosexuals is beyond scientific rationale.......it's a matter of left wing propaganda creating an icon to debase and deconstruct scientific and social norms.......similarly Suzuki gained fame for counting fruit flies as a endo biologist....how this qualifies him to be the authorative spokesman for every errant pseudo-scientific orthodoxy the left wants to evangelize is a matter for quantum leaps of logic.....one must look to the realms of covert politics and public manipulation by corrupted mass media for the answers.

the time has come for us to start the process of deflating these many false idols/icons of the loony deconstructionist left.

Suzuki is another lefty parasite milking the public teat with phoney scare mongering......there are real scientists that are in the process of publicly exposing this pseudo science bunkum and ravaging the unseemly repuations if its practitioners....in an effort to rescue pure science's reputaion form broader public disrepute.

Suzuki is running a con...and his 7 figure bank account proves it.....time for some iconoclastic investigation. Again we see the CBC complicit in a crime of public misinformation/manipulation......the reconing is near for both these sourses of disinformation

Comment

Les, "How many ducks would you need to control 1500 acres of crop???"
                            Answer: why do need 1500 acres of crop to earn a living if industrial agriculture is such a success?

Comment

Just finished watching Part 2 of the BSE saga as presented by Dr. Suzuki on the "Nature of Things".

Most excellent presentation as was Part 1.

What in hell is everyone bitchin' about?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...