• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pine River Mb

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pine River Mb

hi roly,

For some reason the cyber gremlins wouldn't let me reply to your thread so I'll start a new one.I moved to the pine river area about 3 yrs ago from alberta,seens like a good move save a couple of mad cows.as for grazing cap of land for cows the crown leases are bush pasture about 10prs/season/1/4 lots of crown still avaliable cost aprox $150/year 1/4.as for tame pasture you could probably run 40-50 pairs more if rotational.
    To give an idea of hay production this year my feilds ran between 3(older) and 5(newer) 1100# bales/ac,oat silage ran about 5-7ton/ac.
    Land is still reasonably priced in this area 10-50k/1/4,there are some farms listed but are just as many that are not and are for sale, so some door knocking and inquiring may find a good deal
    hope this helps.

Hello Dane
    Thank you for your reply
    if you here of any farms for sale up there can you let me know the farm that i have to look at is 5 quarters with 400
    cultavated but i can not get over till March so i hop it is not sold by thene
    the 40 to 50 cows you graze is that on on quarter
    thanks Roly

Comment

yes roly that number would be per quarter section on seeded tame grass.
      the place you are looking at sounds like a neighbours farm if it's the same one it has been well taken care of,older bulidings but in very cood condition.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...