• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equity loss program

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equity loss program

Has any one heard about such a program. I am told by some neibours that you can get as much as 600$ per cow as an advance and it is not going to be repayable, one claims 100,000 he got thats app a 200 cow man another claims 35,000 he has app 100 cows both feed some calves out.
    Yhe auction house man says that there is a program and he dont understand why people are not applying for it. I guess I will have to ph the cais people tomorrow to see what I can find out.

Check out: http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/com8703?opendocument

This is a cash advance which will be based on either equity loss on inventory or projected income loss, whichever is greater, and will allow producers to receive up to 50 per cent of their estimated CAIS entitlement.

As CAIS does not include any calculation for change of inventory value of the cow herd you could easily be asked to repay the entire amount of an advance based on equity losses. Certainly any 2004 CAIS payments would have the advance deducted potentially causing a cash shortage in 2005. This money is not a grant, it is an advance that is repayable or will be clawed back from future government program payments.

I am not sure if the advance would be considered a loan like a CWB advance or income when you receive it. I would consider it income until I knew differently.

There are examples of how the equity advance would work at http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/com8703?opendocument#Backgrounder

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...