• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stout?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stout?

Apparently a lot of the readers on Agri-ville know you from some other forum? Obviously you are a R-CALF member and you expouse that philosophy?
    Tell us about yourself. Where do you live? What type of operation do you have? How do you see the North American industry evolving?
    I believe the biggest problem we have in OUR industry(North America?) is we need to understand just where we are all coming from? I suspect you and I are probably not all that far apart in what we want out of life and this business. I don't believe you are our enemy?
    You know something? You were born in the US...I was born in Canada...but I bet you and I have a lot more in common than some pointy headed dipstick in Toronto or New York!

cowman yes some of the readers of agri-ville,know me,yes I am a R CALF member and living proof not all R CALF members support the border closing.I am a native Texan live in the Texas hill country on a small ranch,just north of san antonio,I keep a herd of what I like to call fancy black beef cattle here,and have some properties south of san antonio that I run cross bred beef cattle on,black cattle dont do good that far south climate is to desert like.I think you are right about me and you having somethings in common as I have a great respect for the canadian cattle man.........good luck,cowman

Comment

Joe why do you belong to a group you don't agree with? You could just a easy belong to NCBA and make a real difference working and supporting a organization that works for the betterment of the Cattle industry rather than challenging everything with legal actions.

Comment

You could just a easy belong to NCBA and make a real difference working and supporting a organization that works for the betterment of the Cattle industry rather than challenging everything with legal actions.

Wrong Big Muddy- NCBA works for the betterment of the BEEF industry. Whats good for the beef industry is not always good for the cattle industry or cattlemen. Thats why the packer is making a $300-400 profit off every cow slaughtered in Canada.

Comment

willow creek I couldnt agree more.To my knowledge there is only one cattle mans group confronting the packers,ncba and packers are one and the same,problem is the border,needs to open let trade get back to normal,so we can move on to the real problem facing all cattlemen...PACKERS.....good luck

Comment

I as well don't feel that NCBA is looking after any of us either, beit of American or Canadian origin. Packers are a necessary part of the chain but certainly not the only part. Thanks for reading. Have a good night all!

Comment

Wow, a dream of a North American Cattle producers organization, bound to protect the needs of producers large and small and insure fair treatment and payment for services rendered by all.

Lost in La La land for a moment there.

We are all cattle people after all, indepenent in thought and action, and willing to take it in the balls before we band together and look out for each other.

No independent thought allowed in Cargil head office however, if there was, empathy and morality might leak in and someone might see the plight of the rancher.

Comment

Willow creek the reason the packers are making 3-400 dollars off our cattle is because they were handed the opportunity by R-CALF. If you were given the chance to make money or win the lottery would you not do it.

Comment

Randy why doesn't BIG C work with the Rancheras Choice group in Manitoba and get that plant going Make if bigger and better. That would be in the "SPIRIT OF COOPERATION". They have Gov loans, and are moing ahead. Throw your support behind them, Make it work and show all the nay sayers.

Comment

In other threads I have expressed my concern over industry (packers, auction marts, order buyers) getting 2 voting seats on a 19 person board of the Alberta Beef Producers. I understand a similar situation exists within the NCBA. Would anyone care to comment on the influence, good or bad, having the packers sit on the board of the NCBA has done to the direction of that organization. Is having the "industry" on board something we Canadians should be striving for or guarding against?

Comment

How much influence does the LMA have on the R-CALF board. You guys say you don't like packers an auction marts having 2 of 19 seats on ABP.

Comment

farmers son when packers were allowed into ncba marked the begining of the end for a fine old cattle mans group it didnt take long for them to gain control and provide direction PACKER DIRECTION,ncba has lost over 23000,cattlemen members in the last 4 years because of it. we are in a hell of a fight down here,trying to regain control of the market place...............good luck

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.