• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gasoline in the diesel

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gasoline in the diesel

So on may long weekend my daughter stoped at the coop and told the attendant to fill it up and she went into the store and grabbed a coffee and paid for the fuel, she then drove the 50+ miles out to the farm and her truck wasn’t sounding right, anyway it didn’t take long to figure out the problem and the coop told her to take it and get it fixed and the coop will pay the bill, the truck was hauled to the Moose Jaw dodge dealer and today they told her all we need to do is flush the fuel system and it’s good to go. she drives a 2017 dodge with a Cummins, she’s worked very hard paying for the truck she bought new and only about a year more of payments and it’s all hers.

I have a hard time believing that a truck running on 75% gasoline blowing black and white smoke missing on 3 cylinders and surging, only needs a fuel system flush, my daughter also has a hard time believing this as she is a journeyman ag tech and has been trained extensively on fuel systems.

I’ve never dealt with this problem before and I’m looking for a little advice. I’m guessing a new fuel system and labour is over 10 grand.

If it still ran I would think more diesel than gas, but all I know is old school.

Comment

Posting on newagtalk will get you a audience to your question.

Comment

It ran but not good, 97 litres of gasoline in a 130 litre tank.

Comment

Engine at least pump probably damaged. Coop owes her for the mistake. Fuel supplier filled our 500 gal gasoline tank. Shortly after they phone in a panic cause they figured someone got a diesel surprise. Sure enough I checked and it was my tank. However, my mother had taken on a full tank of the concoction in the meantime. Supplier paid for the complete fuel system cleaning. Mind you not as serious with diesel in the gas.

Comment

Over a month later the truck still hasn’t been fixed, protocol from Ram says if the truck was ran on gasoline that the pump and injectors must be swapped out, so now the as of yesterday the truck was taken to
            777 Chrysler and they said the work will be done, I finally got my good truck back and coop manager said I will be compensated for rental, my daughter rented a car because I need to start hauling yearlings soon.
            I still can’t believe Western Dodge wouldn’t fix the truck properly, even their mechanic admitted that the pump won’t last long and when the pump goes it will take out the injectors.

Always always pump my own fuel and I actually smell too make sure it’s the right stuff.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...