• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left wing ver Right wing ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left wing ver Right wing ..

True story as I work away at spraying liberty
    On my ole FAST pull type sprayer , the boom height control is manual

Ya I know dusty already

The controls in the cab are kinda archaic but only one side works perfectly every time ..

The right wing is responsive works flawlessly every time I need it too
    The left side whines , can be unresponsive and tries to take oil from the right wing that does not rightfully belong to it .
    Funny if not true .
    But together with me at the controls, the job gets done
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 9, 2023, 23:44.

Just change the decal around 😏

Comment

You are plumbed different than your sprayer.

The left hemisphere of your brain controls the right side of your body.

Ergo, you should not be operating a sprayer.

Comment

So if I’m standing in front looking towards you…

The right whines.

Comment

That was my Dad, always getting machine left/right mixed up. Thanks for the memory.

Comment

usualy its the left that does all the whineing ! interesting sprayer , never seen one , are their dealers in canada ? i have thought about a sprayer like that when my willmar gives up !

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
              usualy its the left that does all the whineing ! interesting sprayer , never seen one , are their dealers in canada ? i have thought about a sprayer like that when my willmar gives up !
              Not easy to find , but basically just a tank , pump and proper nozzles tied into an outback Max for sectional control and auto shut offs .

Comment

They make many different sizes

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                  You are plumbed different than your sprayer.

The left hemisphere of your brain controls the right side of your body.

Ergo, you should not be operating a sprayer.
                  Ergo ?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    True story as I work away at spraying liberty
                    On my ole FAST pull type sprayer , the boom height control is manual

Ya I know dusty already

The controls in the cab are kinda archaic but only one side works perfectly every time ..

The right wing is responsive works flawlessly every time in need it too
                    The left side whines , can be unresponsive and tries to take oil from the right wing that does not rightfully belong to it .
                    Funny if not true .
                    But together with me at the controls, the job gets done
                    Too *** funny
                    Just like real life

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Ergo ?
                      Therefore

Saw one guy drive up in a rush, park behind his unit, brain farted, backed up and can crushed his cab.

Bad idea to stand your ground, even in the front, left or right. Sprayer, or politics.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                        Therefore

Saw one guy drive up in a rush, park behind his unit, brain farted, backed up and can crushed his cab.

Bad idea to stand your ground, even in the front, left or right. Sprayer, or politics.
                        Let me know when I should not run a sprayer …

I will not show what’s going on all around here out of respect.
                        I will run a sprayer all day long and have for 100’s of thousands of acres without burning a neighbour out single foot, Knock on wood 🪵
                        Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 9, 2023, 23:46.

Comment

Sprayers drive themselves, lol that so cute.
                          The very most important pass is right beside your neighbours crop , zero gps on first pass with zero barrier, all hand eye . Ahhh farming so easy, and most everyone here does it professionally time after time
                          To those who have never ever done it , give it go , would be interesting. I would never try a C section on a cow 🐄 , let alone tell someone how to do it
                          Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 9, 2023, 23:43.

Comment

I find it kinda odd , I would never ever tell someone how to do accounting , that’s their profession, never in my life tell a teacher how to do their job , never tell a doctor how to do their job , ever, never tell a professional welder how to do a weld properly, never in my life a livestock producer how to raise their chickens, beef or dairy , would never enter my mind . But here on agriville is full of experts that don’t bat an eye on telling us grain farmers what we should do .. it’s beyond irrational at times .

Kids ready ..

And yes take time for family … when opportunity knocks

Have a great weekend
                            Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 9, 2023, 20:37.

Comment

This may be more than just a coincidence. I also run a pull type sprayer. Flexi coil wheeled boom.
                              In theory, center caster wheels on each side lock into road transport automatically, and the wings tow behind parallel.
                              One Way randomly comes unlocked and until I read this thread, I hadn't really kept track of which one it is. As it turns out, it is always the left waiting. Waits till it's on the road, in my blind spot, somehow the spring loaded pin works its way out and the left wing smashes into the right wing, which was minding its own business, staying in its own lane. Generally gets Tangled up and locked together, trying to Hitch a free ride from the honest hard-working wing. Something inevitably breaks, almost always on the right wing not the offending wing. Everything is adjusted as it should be. Everything is the same left to right. Except the bad attitude.
                              And twice so far this spring I have had the left boom not latch completely when unfolding. Give it a tug test it all looks good. It hangs on just long enough for me to get lined up with the edge of the field distracted by keeping the right hand boom out of the fences, then lets go and swings around and breaks the wet booms on the right hand.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.