• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save the toad

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save the toad

Heard a good one today. There is a crew rebuilding three miles of grid road that borders our land. Was talking to the foreman today and he told me the enviromental crew was out and found a toad in a bordering slough. Now they have to erect a solid fence along all the sloughs so that a toad cant jump out and get run over.And there is over a dozen sloughs on this stretch.Its funny but sad.

Originally posted by fcr View Post
    Heard a good one today. There is a crew rebuilding three miles of grid road that borders our land. Was talking to the foreman today and he told me the enviromental crew was out and found a toad in a bordering slough. Now they have to erect a solid fence along all the sloughs so that a toad cant jump out and get run over.And there is over a dozen sloughs on this stretch.Its funny but sad.
    This is one of the reasons trans mountain pipeline is so far over budget. They literally were relocating anthills. What a great business to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      This is one of the reasons trans mountain pipeline is so far over budget. They literally were relocating anthills. What a great business to be in.
      https://macdonaldlaurier.ca/a-100-mi...onton-journal/
      Excellent article but the price of the a TransMountain expansion has now ballooned to over $30 billion, government incompetence at its finest!

Comment

Will they be moving the mosquitoes too so that the toads will still have their food supply

Comment

anything Gov, especially Libtard is utter insanity

Comment

Sounds like a good way to segregate populations.

Similar to wind projects where they won’t place them on native prairie due to impacting native flora and fauna. So farmers break the land, and voila! Wind turbines.

Comment

That toad needs a GPS tracker or maybe hire a few people to keep tabs on it before a hawk scoops it up.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                anything Gov, especially Libtard is utter insanity
                But we should definitely put politicians in charge of our power grid, that will for sure result in cheaper more reliable electricity.

Comment

I wonder how many millions of acres have been destroyed forever for the big cities in which most of these environmentalists live ? I bet the number is massive .

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                    Excellent article but the price of the a TransMountain expansion has now ballooned to over $30 billion, government incompetence at its finest!
                    JT will see that as a good investment.
                    Went from $7 billion to $30 billion.
                    Not finished yet.
                    Personally will be surprised if it ever is.
                    He is spending the taxpayers money to prove you can't build major resource projects in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Bin Lurking
                      This strip mine would’ve cut through the heart of crucial habitat for greater sage grouse and other species – all in service of producing a pesticide that is itself pushing our most endangered wildlife closer to extinction

https://biologicaldiversity.org/w/news/press-releases/federal-judge-nixes-approval-of-idaho-phosphate-mine-2023-06-05/
                      More from China is all.

Comment

Just latest method to shut down development by enviro's . Tying to trees and road blocks very time consuming better to get the developers to do the work load and less dangerous !!!! They may be nuts but there not stupid. Getting oil patch wages to catch frogs I would have been a MILLIONARE by the time I was 10.

Comment

Back in 2002 I watched an episode of the Natural of Things with David Suzuki.
                          He was going on that frogs are the canary in the coal mine and in agriculture land most frogs were gone because of all the pesticides that farmers were spraying.
                          At the time a thought to myself that maybe there was something in what he was saying because I sure could not remember hearing many frogs the last few springs. Not like when I was a kid.
                          Few years later rain’s returned and water was in excess most of the time and holy crap the frogs were everywhere.
                          I can be spraying and go through a water hole and frogs are just jumping.
                          Drive down the road and ever water spot you go by the frogs are croaking like crazy.
                          2002 was just really dry and no water so no frogs. Has nothing to do with ag.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                            Back in 2002 I watched an episode of the Natural of Things with David Suzuki.
                            He was going on that frogs are the canary in the coal mine and in agriculture land most frogs were gone because of all the pesticides that farmers were spraying.
                            At the time a thought to myself that maybe there was something in what he was saying because I sure could not remember hearing many frogs the last few springs. Not like when I was a kid.
                            Few years later rain’s returned and water was in excess most of the time and holy crap the frogs were everywhere.
                            I can be spraying and go through a water hole and frogs are just jumping.
                            Drive down the road and ever water spot you go by the frogs are croaking like crazy.
                            2002 was just really dry and no water so no frogs. Has nothing to do with ag.
                            With crazy over the top environmental regulations we are putting ourselves to a greater disadvantage to countries moving at a slower pace. We are going to pay for this economically in quick order if we don’t stop sabotaging our own industries.

Comment

Originally posted by kANOLA View Post
                              With crazy over the top environmental regulations we are putting ourselves to a greater disadvantage to countries moving at a slower pace. We are going to pay for this economically in quick order if we don’t stop sabotaging our own industries.
                              Just another “job creation program “ created from taxpayers money that will just hamper productivity and produce near zero net results
                              But sounds all lovely to the urbanites

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...