Test June Weather Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

June Weather

Test
Jun 3, 2023 | 09:38 1 Many Blessings Everyone!

Jun 3, 2023 | 09:40 2 Later June:

Interesting times! Many Blessings!!! Reply With Quote
Jun 3, 2023 | 09:52 3 So what they say about Western Canada ??
Is there a pattern change coming to get western Sask and Alberta some much needed moisture and relief for the poor soaked SE farmers ??
Cause it critical time right now for a change if there is one Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 3, 2023 | 13:12 4 I don’t have much faith in weather forecasts.
    Seems they can’t even get one day out right.
    Last two nights the weather network had us pegged with 100% chance of 10-15 mm. Radar showed a line of showers with dark green and reds west of us and moving right over us. Both nights we got nothing and that’s a good thing! Reply With Quote

• Jun 3, 2023 | 14:37 5
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    So what they say about Western Canada ??
    Is there a pattern change coming to get western Sask and Alberta some much needed moisture and relief for the poor soaked SE farmers ??
    Cause it critical time right now for a change if there is one
    From what I've seen is that they expect the pattern to change around June 10th. What it'll change to I don't know. Reply With Quote
    Jun 3, 2023 | 18:28 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinker View Post
    From what I've seen is that they expect the pattern to change around June 10th. What it'll change to I don't know.
    Better change to warm and dry here or may as well stick a fork in this crop already. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• blackpowder's Avatar Jun 3, 2023 | 19:20 7 Still some lonely looking blue seeds sitting dust here. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 3, 2023 | 20:05 8
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpowder View Post
    Still some lonely looking blue seeds sitting dust here.
    I know that feeling well and it's not a pleasant one. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• makar's Avatar Jun 3, 2023 | 20:54 9 Are we still in El Nino? Reply With Quote
    Jun 3, 2023 | 21:22 10
    Quote Originally Posted by blueversi View Post
    Better change to warm and dry here or may as well stick a fork in this crop already.
    Just had another inch in less than an hour. Not much hope for little canolis now in this gumbo, plants were already turning purple from the 3 inches prior. Reply With Quote
    Jun 4, 2023 | 06:30 11 Imagine the crops we could grow if we could borrow everyones excess water and put it where guys are running low. Running on the short side this year so far but small mile wide t- storms droppind 1/2 inch here and there around the RM. Reply With Quote

• Jun 4, 2023 | 06:32 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
    Imagine the crops we could grow if we could borrow everyones excess water and put it where guys are running low. Running on the short side this year so far but small mile wide t- storms droppind 1/2 inch here and there around the RM.
    Much the same here so far Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 4, 2023 | 07:45 13 Good morning all.

Total rain for us for this week was 1.3 inches !! Very thankful for this one as some of the crop was sitting in semi-dry dirt. You could almost see the difference overnight. For my part of the country , this was very welcome indeed. Hell , I might even have some hay worth cutting in a few weeks, guess i better get my 8830 tuned up!

Complaining about too much rain over here just doesn't happen. We are always looking for extra. Reply With Quote

• Jun 4, 2023 | 08:09 14
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    So what they say about Western Canada ??
    Cause it critical time right now for a change if there is one
    14 day weather forecast for my area shows a few days with a chance of showers but no forecast for rain in any of those 14 days. Was talking to a neighbour last night. His agronomist told him not to spray his wheat until it rains. Crop under too much stress already. Still less than an inch of rain here since snow melt. Not good. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jun 4, 2023 | 09:27 15
    Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
    I don’t have much faith in weather forecasts.
    Seems they can’t even get one day out right.
    Last two nights the weather network had us pegged with 100% chance of 10-15 mm. Radar showed a line of showers with dark green and reds west of us and moving right over us. Both nights we got nothing and that’s a good thing!
    We had that forecast for 6 tenths on Friday night but only received less than a tenth.
    Last night we were forecast for a tenth and got a welcome 1/2 inch out of 3 separate little thunderstorms that only lasted about an average of 10 minutes each.

Yesterday they took all the rain out of the forecast,now they have 60% till Tuesday.

It's all good so far.

Looks like the garden of eden this morning. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 4, 2023 | 10:12 16 Grass is still green but 30 plus every day is stressing crop and farmers. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 4, 2023 | 10:25 17 1” May 25/27. That was welcome. 1.1 “ June 1st evening. 1.8” June 2 supper time in 15 minutes. Another .6 June 3 morning. Creek is running harder than spring melt. Water erosion in the fields. Still have seeding to do. As do others. Need rains to hold up and save a little for July. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• blackpowder's Avatar Jun 4, 2023 | 14:19 18 Went for an hours drive today.
    From the hiway. Cereals holding their own. All assumed canola fields barren yet. Reply With Quote
    fcr
    Jun 4, 2023 | 16:25 19 Took a couple days drive down to Williston N.D.Lots of acres to seed the whole way, further south more to seed. Several drills going today.Crops not great looking from road, too much moisture in most.Maybe this heat wave will help. We received 6/10 over the weekend.Total since May 01, 1.2 in Reply With Quote
    fjlip's Avatar Jun 4, 2023 | 19:57 20 2.6" in 4 rain days, since seeded, very thankful. Heat is pushing crops and weeds. A few miles away DOUBLE that amount and ponding taking acres. T- storms too hard too fast....Quill Lake flat land an example of 4-6".

Heard Gilbert Plains had 5" in half hour, sad mess. Reply With Quote
    Jun 4, 2023 | 21:51 21
    Quote Originally Posted by fjlip View Post
    2.6" in 4 rain days, since seeded, very thankful. Heat is pushing crops and weeds. A few miles away DOUBLE that amount and ponding taking acres. T- storms too hard too fast....Quill Lake flat land an example of 4-6".

Heard Gilbert Plains had 5" in half hour, sad mess.
    And the growing season has just started.

We are at 4 inches since May 6. Had two winter storms in Apr.

Like a greenhouse. Reply With Quote
    Jun 4, 2023 | 22:39 22 We are dry no spring moisture 0 in April just over 1in in may dugouts less than 1/2 no snow run off alfalfa blooming 10% no grass except in low spots and now the grass hoppers are coming out very thick,any high spots in pasture and hay are brown ,looking like a total write off unless we get a prolonged wet spell,there is no subsoil moisture and I mean NONE.
    Dug down 9 ft with backhoe and its like ashes all the way and damm hard digging. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 4, 2023 | 22:43 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired View Post
    We are dry no spring moisture 0 in April just over 1in in may dugouts less than 1/2 no snow run off alfalfa blooming 10% no grass except in low spots and now the grass hoppers are coming out very thick,any high spots in pasture and hay are brown ,looking like a total write off unless we get a prolonged wet spell,there is no subsoil moisture and I mean NONE.
    Dug down 9 ft with backhoe and its like ashes all the way and damm hard digging.
    It’s scary how dry it is still in many areas Reply With Quote
    Jun 4, 2023 | 23:31 24 Where are you Retired? Reply With Quote
    Jun 5, 2023 | 07:43 25
    Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Where are you Retired?
    North west edmonton county barrhead ,been getting just enough rain the last few yrs to grow a crop but loosing the sub soil moisture, it would take yrs to rebuild the reserve moisture. Reply With Quote
    Jun 5, 2023 | 13:09 26
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired View Post
    North west edmonton county barrhead ,been getting just enough rain the last few yrs to grow a crop but loosing the sub soil moisture, it would take yrs to rebuild the reserve moisture.
    Yes , that’s what we are afraid of here after the past few years . Having near zero subsoil moisture and barely enough rain to get a crop last year . Some was really good but we did run out on at least half the farm and yields dropped big time .
    We are in good shape now but still on low subsoil so it can fall off quickly Reply With Quote
    Jun 5, 2023 | 21:38 27 Nearly daily now , all around us
    Jun 6, 2023 | 06:50 28 Finaly got a good shot tonight. After 3 tenths on Saturday and 1/2 inch may long.
    You only had to go 3 miles to be 3/4 - 2 inches ahead. Feel a lot better now. But dam thats annoying . Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 6, 2023 | 07:02 29 Yup getting very frustrating hearing and seeing rain all around us , again this morning
    Jun 6, 2023 | 07:34 30 Looks like the heat dome is about to build over us and no rain in the near future, Interesting times. On the bright side less wind and perfect weather for Liberty.
    Name:  BB86D16C-F15A-430C-A6BB-2676DDAA9618.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  16.4 KB Reply With Quote