• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some left over 233p seed from last year seems fine.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230602_202558_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	775140

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
      Weather for next week:

This weeks US Drought Monitor:

Our soybeans are emerging!

Blessings and Prayers for rain!
      That looks like beautiful soil, definitely blessed to farm that.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
        Lentils on 10's are comin on strong, with the moisture we have the kinda of strong that canopy early, fall over, get diseased and end up with10bpa. Lentils do best with some dought stress.
        [ATTACH]12665[/ATTACH]

Durum lookin good
        [ATTACH]12666[/ATTACH]

340 with Buteo I thought was beyond beatles until tonight. Crucifers aggressive buggars...
        [ATTACH]12667[/ATTACH]
        Sunday..

Today, Lumicend working just fine

Comment

Certainly odd to read posts complaining about rain. I would say we are in a drought here. Pastures turning brown quickly. Some crops that had a few showers hanging on, others starting to go backwards. Lots of bare hills even on the wheat. No rain in the forecast. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
            Certainly odd to read posts complaining about rain. I would say we are in a drought here. Pastures turning brown quickly. Some crops that had a few showers hanging on, others starting to go backwards. Lots of bare hills even on the wheat. No rain in the forecast. Yikes!
            Hamloc, SE sask has been inundated with a lot of moisture in the past few months. Couple big wet snowstorms march and late april, couple good shots of rain now during seeding now. Some guys are only 50% done.

Its nice to have moisture to work with but sometimes a mixed blessing too. We dont need rain here for a month now.

Comment

This was seeded May 12. BG 5710, 3/4in knives, 3.5in on row packing, phos down with seed Urea and S broadcast ahead of drill. Invigour L357 @ 4.75lbs (like the bag told me). Seed size B.

I was reluctant to seed into this level of trash but a few rains helped out. Last yr I made the mistake of harrowing in the spring and then the top dried out and had poor germination and big time beetles until the rains came. They seem to be leaving it alone so far. And the stubble gives nice protection for the plants from the winds.

I should spray that but it just got 1.5 inch of rain so thats going to be a while yet.

Looks like I seeded between the rows but thats just how the openers split the old straw rows.

Name:	357.jpg
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	775147
              Last edited by jazz; Jun 3, 2023, 15:22.

Comment

Brother next farm over recorded 4 inches in 3 days, we’re not far behind. Definitely saturated to say the least. A lot of land unseeded around here.

Comment

Looks nasty at Saskatoon area now

Comment

Name:	IMG_5054.jpg
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	775148

Got it home finally

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      [ATTACH]12676[/ATTACH]

Got it home finally
                      Seen ur twitter video. I thought for sure ur boy was headed for the rhubarb loading that thing…..

There is something to say about vintage green paint. They are beautiful!!! And to boot no stepped idler gear failures in them….

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Looks nasty at Saskatoon area now
                        Lloydminster area getting hammered as we speak. Ditches full and potholes we seeded full. Probably over 2” since I finished seeding now. Still enough guys around haven’t been getting much. Todays rain might equal it up.

Comment

The good ……………

The bad…………….

And the ugly…………….

Today was the Stony Plain parade and our 4-H club was in it and placed first. It surprised us all when they gave us the award since we weren’t even done decorating. Maybe having a bull calf in the clipping chute helped as it was a huge crowd pleaser. Blew my mind how many people asked if it was a real “cow”……😉

Finished seeding May 31 which was great after all the breakdowns and issues we had this spring. Every single unit needed work and this Versatile had the transmission quit shifting in the field so required a ride home on the last day of harrowing. Haven’t touched the transmission on this unit yet so that will be awaiting us someday in the future.

Went out checking pastures the other day and we were very disappointed to see how much winter kill and how pathetic the grass is in general. A couple neighbours pulled the pin on 6 liner loads of pairs on Friday for 32-3600 dollars since they’re short of grass. Right now we don’t have enough grass unless the rain starts picking up right away. I guess we’ll turn them out this week and hope for the best? Running low on bales and I don’t want to open a silage pit up. Forecast shows no moisture till some chances maybe next weekend.

Also checked on some of the corn and it’s popping up nicely. At least it seems to shine on a hot dry year which appears to be what we’re getting.
                          An interesting week with an upcoming week of cow work, spraying, and hoping for rain that’s non-existent in the forecast.
                          Fun times ahead 🍀

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                            Lloydminster area getting hammered as we speak. Ditches full and potholes we seeded full. Probably over 2” since I finished seeding now. Still enough guys around haven’t been getting much. Todays rain might equal it up.
                            It’s kinda crazy still this morning on radar straight up the Alberta /Sask border.
                            Thin line straight from south to north
                            Must be 12-14 hrs of rain off and on through Lloyd?

Comment

Heat warning today.

Always fun loading old iron.

She’s home now on to the next one after seeding is complete.

Some we just winch on.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                                It’s kinda crazy still this morning on radar straight up the Alberta /Sask border.
                                Thin line straight from south to north
                                Must be 12-14 hrs of rain off and on through Lloyd?
                                At least that many hours. It looks swamped here today.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...