• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trials ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
    I was talking to a neighbour. Went to spray a field of barley. Decided not to as the field was so dry the barley was turning yellow and dying. There has been some showers but very spotty. Where it hasn’t rained hilltops in seeded fields are bare. Getting very dire imo. Supposedly a chance of showers on Monday.
    You’re not getting any today?

Not that it’s amounted to anything beyond getting the ground wet.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Through Nutrien , about 1.3 x the cost of 11-51

Yes low salt index

We used it on all canola acres then tried this 100 ac trial on a 1/2 section of wheat
      The phos is the most expensive part of that mix. Everything else in there is half of what the phos is.
      11-52 is around 28 salt index.

Do you have a number for the salt index?

Comment

Through Nutrien , about 1.3 x the cost of 11-51

Yes low salt index

We used it on all canola acres then tried this 100 ac trial on a 1/2 section of wheat
        It says 28% P2O5 and then below it 14% P2O5, which number do you use when comparing to say 11-52 to know how much P you are applying?

Comment

Wheat stubble not harrowed ..
          I really like how black the seed row is. My bourgault 3320 seems to cover the seedrow in straw and emergence is very slow. That black, warm seedrow just pops out. Is it the drill or are you protilling or heavy harrowing to get your residue levels so low, or does your 12" spaced drill just have that much less straw to deal with? Deere salesman claims the 12" conservapak will have less straw, the same yield and harvest quicker than my 10" Bourgault. Would be nice if it is true.

Comment

Thanks for the details furrow.
            Your pic is very interesting, and supplier is not a start up.

I was thinking of the product that is blue in colour and traces of all the micro nutrients. Made in Europe ? Expensive and low salt.

I believe the Rack has been looking at Ca and doing trials as well.

Comment

Yes, I'm beginning to question more investment in straw management.
              The catch for me is to afford enough hydraulics to make the SR work.
              Always something.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                Yes, I'm beginning to question more investment in straw management.
                The catch for me is to afford enough hydraulics to make the SR work.
                Always something.
                It started at harvest , the New Hollands have great choppers and spreaders . We cut short , drove a bit slower but It paid off
                Very little hydraulic required for the SR to be honest when set up with liquid

Comment

And yes the trash cleaners “look” Mickey Mouse and did give us some minor grief, but 80% of our canola was direct seeded into untouched wheat stubble at 300 to 400 ac / day . Not bad for a 60 ft drill . And we never pushed hours once
                  Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 1, 2023, 21:44.

Comment

Geiko soybeans seeded May 23.

1870JD Conservapak 12”

3.5mph.

Degelman Rolled

Will be interesting experiment!

Enough moisture to settle the dust today….

2” behind normal rain fall.

Praying for rain!!!
                    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jun 1, 2023, 20:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                      You’re not getting any today?

Not that it’s amounted to anything beyond getting the ground wet.
                      About a tenth in the rain gauge from today. Buddy that lives 15 minutes southwest of me said he got 3 tenths. Have to be honest we need inches not tenths. Nothing last year after the 19th of July. Still under an inch since snowmelt.

Comment

I thought we needed a lot , got 1.75” over 3 days , no sun for a week , now all cereals are yellow , not just barley

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          I thought we needed a lot , got 1.75” over 3 days , no sun for a week , now all cereals are yellow , not just barley
                          Don’t ask for rain in this part of the country. Was guilty myself of wanting just a bit to settle the dust well I got it and then some in the next days. Raining again now as thunderstorm is passing over.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                            In Bourgault’s more recent advertising magazine there was some trials on different sources of phos., didn’t appear to be a benefit either way. I was actually surprised. Looking forward to your results Furrow.
                            Depends what in the seed row and how dry conditions are till emergence
                            Bourgault’s test plots are great for sure , but they are in some of the best soils in western Canada and virtually never limited with moisture like western Sask .

Comment

1.25 inches last weekend and 2 inches last night, things will really green up, these old dried up clay hills won’t ever get flooded.

Comment

Canola seed rate trial

2.5 lbs left
                                3.5 lbs right

On pea stubble

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...