• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nutrien Rainbow Festival

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off I haven’t purchased anything from a Nutrien retailer in years. I didn’t appreciate their take over of the independent retailers years ago. What I can’t figure out is why companies think having Drag Queen story time is a positive for their companies image. And this isn’t specific to this event. It is being done in places like Calgary’s public library. I also can’t understand why a parent would take their child to have a man dressed as a woman read their children stories?! Also, Nutrien’s customer base are farmers like you and me, how does this increase their business?! Any thoughts?

Comment

Who Gives a Rats Ass if theres a rainbow tent Big deal !
      There have been Drag Queens around since the dawn of time
      watching Bug Bunny dress up in womens clothing, or Mrs Doubtfire, didnt create a generation of cross dressers.
      Live and let live

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
        watching Bug Bunny dress up in womens clothing, or Mrs Doubtfire, didnt create a generation of cross dressers.
        Live and let live
        First off I have no issue with drag queens, absolutely live and let live. Would you have a problem if it was strippers reading story time and was promoted as such? My question is, what is the agenda that is being promoted here? Why Drag Queens? Why not indigenous representatives? Or other minority groups? Why Drag Queens?

Comment

Why don’t the the sickos read too the elderly at nursing homes.

Comment

Mrs Doubtfire and Mrs Brown's Boys.
            Are generally G rated comedies. No one of any age would see anything sexual.
            Drag queens don't wear granny dresses and clogs.
            Mrs Brown would not look suggestive on a pole. A 7 year old would see a man dressed as a woman for laughs.
            I'd like to walk through that tent before I passed final judgement.
            Agendas run amok until challenged.
            These attention stunts are backfiring for now, as they should.
            Protecting children means age appropriate exposure to the concept.
            At what age would you take your child through Auschwitz???
            Can't believe we're even debating this!!!
            Last edited by blackpowder; May 27, 2023, 09:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
              I think this should be in marketing because it involves where you purchase your inputs.
              And it won't involve Chuck

Comment

They may not be wearing anything revealing, maybe they will be. Should they? Not really, but then that gets into censoring what women are allowed to wear so that we don’t expose children to sexualized things too early. That is an extremely dangerous line to approach. I dare you to tell me what I’m allowed to wear because YOU think it’s too sexual. Everyone will have their own line of what’s appropriate.

Sequins? Well… are those really sexual? I wore sequins when I was 11 in tap dance. Was I being groomed dancing around? Probably, dancing has been used to groom women for centuries 😂

Cleavage? Yeah, I suppose. But go to the beach and you see that everywhere. Even the grocery store.

Extreme make up? Well, even without getting into some women’s make up preferences, clowns have been around for years and nobody would call them sexual because of excessive make up.

Readings are generally done by people to get attention and to perform. Drag queens are performers. If it’s about acceptance for trans I wouldn’t say it’s hitting that mark at all. For one, Drag Queen doesn’t mean trans. For two, performance doesn’t equal acceptance.

If they’re reading age appropriate books then it really would be no different than taking a child to see a play in the 1600s when all actors were men dressed up in corsets, dresses, wigs, and make up.

Drag Queens aren’t really projecting anything new, people are seeing them as something new. Which could make one step back and consider do children see things in a negative way, or do they see those things in the negative ways because the adults around them are preaching about it. A child is probably going to enjoy fun costumes and a good day out hearing a story (reading being something I think more kids need to do 20000x more than worry about who’s reading). A child whose parent is going to go on and on about how brave the performer is and trans is healthy is going to come away wondering what trans is and focusing on that. A child whose parent goes on and on about inappropriate sexuality, the child will take that away with them.

More than worrying about what kids take away from performances, perhaps we should worry about what we are giving them to take away.

Comment

Everything is identity politics now. No one is Canadian anymore. They're a gay Canadian or an English Canadian or a French Canadian or Indigenous or Person of Colour. There's less and less commonality and more division and exclusion. Throw in an assortment of religions (which are all bogus) and you have a shitshow that shows no sign of improving. The politicians study the demographics, do a few focus groups and surveys and come up with a position. The only reason to vote for Pierre is Justin. One's as bad as the other but JT is well beyond his best before date.

Comment

I guess its now Nutrien *** Solutions

Comment

Some brave farmer should show up at the fertilizer plant wearing a g string thong and some clown make up and a couple dildos pasted to his chest and see what Nutrien would do then.

Maybe someone will start a frivolous lawsuit claiming their ag rep touched them inappropriately.
                      Last edited by jazz; May 27, 2023, 11:13.

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
                        Live and let live
                        Until it’s forced in our faces daily , our kids , daily , every aspect of life … now daily.
                        Exactly, live and let live , just don’t absolutely force your “lifestyle” down everyone’s throat .
                        Pride day , right on , all for it . Pride week , a bit excessive. Pride month, way too much , pride nearly in every day of the year , sorry , this is getting way way outa hand already

Comment

Has Family Day been extended to a week ? A month, all Fricken year ????? You know the 90% plus of people ???

Ffs some of these lunatics want to even cancel the one day a year for families

Comment

Chuck says we must follow the science…..

Shows more and more every day now

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              Until it’s forced in our faces daily , our kids , daily , every aspect of life … now daily.
                              Exactly, live and let live , just don’t absolutely force your “lifestyle” down everyone’s throat .
                              Pride day , right on , all for it . Pride week , a bit excessive. Pride month, way too much , pride nearly in every day of the year , sorry , this is getting way way outa hand already
                              The advertising is in your face. Are they making you go to the tent?

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                                The advertising is in your face. Are they making you go to the tent?
                                Why 24/7 now ? What’s the deal ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.