• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True Words

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Words

from twitter

Click image for larger version

Name:	346123152_4123124004492813_8562357708251866364_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	780449

I don’t know anyone that doesn’t like to eat…… even my cows do🍀

Comment

I love this quote from Joel Salatin:

"Everything is eating and being eaten. If you don't believe me, go lie naked in your flower bed for 3 days and see what gets eaten. All life springs from the sacrifice of something living"

And that is why we have such great respect for our cows.

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
        from twitter

[ATTACH]12601[/ATTACH]
        I wonder who originally came up with this quote - I have seen it accredited to many people.

Comment

Don't think I will lay naked in the flower bed today. Had the heater on in the tractor while I seeded corn for pete's sake !

Comment

Interesting.

If you think that your past education system had no appreciation for farmers, I'd refer you to an existing grade eight social studies text book of the time. It stated two significant things to me that stuck, and influenced my interest in agricultural history, and history in general.

First was that there truly only two types of people that exist in the world. There are the farmers, and there are the people who live off the farmers.

Secondly, the author of the text printed that farmers are outstanding in their field. I found that to be serious, and funny at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
              Interesting.

If you think that your past education system had no appreciation for farmers, I'd refer you to an existing grade eight social studies text book of the time. It stated two significant things to me that stuck, and influenced my interest in agricultural history, and history in general.

First was that there truly only two types of people that exist in the world. There are the farmers, and there are the people who live off the farmers.

Secondly, the author of the text printed that farmers are outstanding in their field. I found that to be serious, and funny at the same time.
              Grade 8 science fair my buddy and I WON red ribbon for growing 10 different crops in pie plates. Everybody thought we did a lot of work but really just raided our dads grain bins after school . It was nice to see them growing during a really cold February I guess it made people think that spring was coming.

Comment

I still do my germ tests on paper pie plates. Lay down paper towel ,count out a hundred seeds , another paper towel and keep damp with a water mister. Hasnt failed me yet. My dad showed this over 50 years ago . Except it wasn’t a paper plate then .

Comment

Feed barley today at Richardson 8.01,# 1 cwrs 13.0p 10.18. Not sure why we keep growing spring wheat ,think we need to get back into durum, it’s at a buck premium.

Comment

Spring wheat is a joke considering all going on

Comment

News letter comment from usa grain trader
                      “I wouldn't short wheat with stolen money”

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.