• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frosty this morning

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frosty this morning

Nice and white this morning with local weather stations recording -2 here east of Edmonton. Canola is about half seeded including my own. With how warm May has been so far, I did not think it would freeze any more this spring but it did. Glad I did not seed canola any earlier. Nothing like a few spring freezes to get it off to a rocking start. Forecast two days ago was for a low of +4.
    Last edited by ajl; May 18, 2023, 07:55.

We stayed ok here with cloud cover or we would have froze as well

Comment

Left the tomatoes out and they froze, even with the smoke.

Comment

Dry frosts are never a good thing

Comment

A few times in my farming career there have been frosts right after a hot spell when you would not expect them.
          Extreme swings in temp happen in a dry climate.

Comment

I can remember picking rocks by hand on Easter break from school and it being hot out. Then having to sc**** frost off the tractor seat to go seeding later on. Wearing winter coat in AM and no shirt in afternoon.

And wind can remember quitting seeding because wind was blowing seed out of the seed cups on the discer. and out of the seed box when trying to fill them.

Comment

Looks like coldest air in a pocket south of border

Comment

Froze here last night hard enough to smoke 90% of the volunteer canola. Flea beetles should take the other 10% fairly easy as they are hard at work.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.