Test Frosty this morning Test

Commodity Marketing


Frosty this morning

May 18, 2023 | 07:46 1 Nice and white this morning with local weather stations recording -2 here east of Edmonton. Canola is about half seeded including my own. With how warm May has been so far, I did not think it would freeze any more this spring but it did. Glad I did not seed canola any earlier. Nothing like a few spring freezes to get it off to a rocking start. Forecast two days ago was for a low of +4.
Last edited by ajl; May 18, 2023 at 07:55.
Reply With Quote
May 18, 2023 | 08:30 2 We stayed ok here with cloud cover or we would have froze as well Reply With Quote
makar's Avatar May 18, 2023 | 08:42 3 Left the tomatoes out and they froze, even with the smoke. Reply With Quote
May 18, 2023 | 08:54 4 Dry frosts are never a good thing Reply With Quote
May 18, 2023 | 09:33 5 A few times in my farming career there have been frosts right after a hot spell when you would not expect them.
Extreme swings in temp happen in a dry climate. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

  • May 18, 2023 | 10:48 6 I can remember picking rocks by hand on Easter break from school and it being hot out. Then having to sc**** frost off the tractor seat to go seeding later on. Wearing winter coat in AM and no shirt in afternoon.

    And wind can remember quitting seeding because wind was blowing seed out of the seed cups on the discer. and out of the seed box when trying to fill them. Reply With Quote

  • May 19, 2023 | 05:04 7 Looks like coldest air in a pocket south of border
    Reply With Quote
    May 19, 2023 | 13:50 8 Froze here last night hard enough to smoke 90% of the volunteer canola. Flea beetles should take the other 10% fairly easy as they are hard at work. Reply With Quote