• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spraybours

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spraybours

I swear to god you should have the right to take a stock prod to the genitals of people that a) need to spray in 40 km winds and b) spray at that same 40 kms per hour while the sprayer booms are above wheel height in an v waving up and down like a air puppet in a used car lot, it's nice you are generous but the whole country doesn't need your free preburn.

Arrgh

When in the spring in western crapholistan is the wind ever less than 40 km/h? This is the region with the crappiest weather on earth. Fortunately I have not seen any sprayers around here yet as it has been blowing like crazy for about 5 days straight. Finally settled this evening. Most guys here start seeding, and that has happened, in the past couple days and spray before it comes up. Then the pressure is really on.

Comment

Frustrating when you have neighbours that don't care about others. I have had crop drifted numerous times. Poor system in place to hold people accountable and if you try you are deemed the problem.

Comment

Should be laws that you can’t spray when over a certain km/hour or you pay a fine. Conservation officers should be the ones enforcing. The local BTO over here has killed all the fence lines with Roundup drift. Killed all the ditches on both sides of the road. Killed all the trees in their fields. Some landlords have sued them for the dead trees. They will spray every day. Wind speed don’t matter. I have seen their sprayer rolling in 60k wind. It is unbelievable. They do it because they get away with it because no one bothers to sue there ass.
        Last edited by SmallTimeOperator; May 5, 2023, 02:16.

Comment

I have shut down the neighbor spraying liberty in 65khm winds next to my durum. I just drove across the field and parked in front of the sprayer and said you aren’t spraying here today.

Just before I left I said remember the wind blows both ways. Haven’t had a problem since.

Comment

Liberty drifts when calm...dumbest chem on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
              dumber than dicamaba?…..

Comment

Never used it, but it's a mess in USA. maybe it's worse.

Comment

County used dicamba beside three lentil fields, their fieldman said there was damage. They wouldn't do anything even though they were insured. Went legal route as yield and quality compared to three other fields was about 160000 difference. Settled at enough to just cover legal fees, still out 160000. They don't use dicamba now.

Comment

How are these chemicals registered and who has the influence on registering them if they have a negative impact on public health, environment and property?

Comment

This is the reason things get banned or more red tape invoked. Had some great stuff banned because of stupid idiots not taking care.

Comment

Seen a great one today.

My car broke down so I was going for a walk to get a truck, it was a nice day for a walk. Along the side of the road, obviously.

Sprayer pulls into a field ahead of me, drops his booms, and off he goes. I was commenting (on the phone) how dusty it was behind him when he pulled a shit hook around a pothole and turned down the fence line right towards me. Drift was blowing waaayyyy across the road. Whatever he was spraying, if caraganas don't like it then there’s a yard that’s not going to have any bushes left. Nowhere for me to go so I just got to wait for the cloud to come when he drove past. It was so thick I could feel the wet on my legs and I was across the ditch. If someone drove by at that moment I’m sure they’d have to turn on their wipers to get it off. It was quite ridiculous.

Apparently they’re supposed to be organic but even if a neighbour was organic I’m pretty sure most people don’t want whatever they’re spraying to drift into their field, over across the road!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                          Seen a great one today.

My car broke down so I was going for a walk to get a truck, it was a nice day for a walk. Along the side of the road, obviously.

Sprayer pulls into a field ahead of me, drops his booms, and off he goes. I was commenting (on the phone) how dusty it was behind him when he pulled a shit hook around a pothole and turned down the fence line right towards me. Drift was blowing waaayyyy across the road. Whatever he was spraying, if caraganas don't like it then there’s a yard that’s not going to have any bushes left. Nowhere for me to go so I just got to wait for the cloud to come when he drove past. It was so thick I could feel the wet on my legs and I was across the ditch. If someone drove by at that moment I’m sure they’d have to turn on their wipers to get it off. It was quite ridiculous.

Apparently they’re supposed to be organic but even if a neighbour was organic I’m pretty sure most people don’t want whatever they’re spraying to drift into their field, over across the road!
                          I have farmed by hedgerows of caraganas for 25 years. We spray into them with whatever the field is getting. Liberty browns some leaves, diquat almost no effect.

Everything else has zero effect. The only thing that will kill caraganas are wet feet.

But it is absolutely an asshole move to spray past someone walking down the road or even driving for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                            Not if you add valid

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                              Seen a great one today.

Someone needs some tires slashed or nozzles plugged up.

Shit like that should never happen.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...