• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sectional control air carts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sectional control air carts

I have a 2017 New Holland air cart with sectional control. Works very well except basically every year the small bearings on the roller motor and inside the seed rolls need to be replaced as they are seized and start to turn in the meter housing. We carefully wash out the drill at the end of the season and store the cart inside. Interested in everyone’s experiences with other brands and the required maintenance. Thanks.

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
    I have a 2017 New Holland air cart with sectional control. Works very well except basically every year the small bearings on the roller motor and inside the seed rolls need to be replaced as they are seized and start to turn in the meter housing. We carefully wash out the drill at the end of the season and store the cart inside. Interested in everyone’s experiences with other brands and the required maintenance. Thanks.
    Have same tank as you. Love it as hydraulic requirements are pretty small.... i think all other carts use hydraulics for sectional?

Dont love the motors ( but do for accuracy with seeding rate) and if we ever want to replace all the undercarriage on the cart??? Hoooooo doggy would i ever pay to let someone else work under there...

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
      I've seeded with flexicoil carts (2340 and p1040) most of my life. Now have a new p2350 cart and really like it. Having more plastic and stainless it should be much better with corrosion. Every manifold on its own roller is a really good design and I like that you can shut the tank flow off to swap rollers easily. Really like that the seed run and Fert run are individual fans so you can easily change air velocity from the cab. The scales on the tanks are incredibly helpful as well.

Downside is the bottom of the tank doesn't clean out very well compared to the older carts. But better in almost every other way imo.

Comment

Have a Vaderstad electric metering motor soaking in WD40 that im attempting to free up as I type. Not sure what they are worth but most the time I just multiple my initial expectation by 3 and its close. There are 32 of them I think after seeding best to just pullem all, clean, lubricate and store em in the shop. At least the ones in the tanks that saw fert.

Comment

The penatrant than seemed to work for me on stuff that was siezed on a shaft was ProLab PL-100.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	775027

Might be worth a try for a Hail Mary.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
            Have a Vaderstad electric metering motor soaking in WD40 that im attempting to free up as I type. Not sure what they are worth but most the time I just multiple my initial expectation by 3 and its close. There are 32 of them I think after seeding best to just pullem all, clean, lubricate and store em in the shop. At least the ones in the tanks that saw fert.
            $700….

Vaderstad has online parts lookup. Get Pattison account and can find price of any part in their system. Beats the hell outta the “someone will call back when they aren’t busy”…….

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...