• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on Thursday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on Thursday

Well another week and another snow storm that filled up the fields again and made the yard so muddy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4538.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	780434

Yesterday the water really started to move and I think it was all because of the 1/4 inch of rain the night before.

Seeding start is getting pushed back each rainy or snowy day. Cold isn’t helping.

We are looking at week of the 8 th to 12th of May.

Equipment is arriving. The tractor I got to see being built arrived yesterday and now we begin to change over the wiring harness for the drills. We’re making the 2 track a narrow tractor and cart. Moving the 620 to smaller drill and this one goes on the big drill.

Name:	IMG_4592.jpg
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	780435

Taxes are done and all I can say is **** you Trudeau quit spending so much.

Well here is the crop report for our area.

Snow still in fields and back roads and fence lines.

Some have drills in yep and but snow maybe has them sitting in mud again.

The canada geese are back I hate them flying rats.

Barley and pease are cleaned and now we’re on to AAC Starbucks hrs. Our cleaners are showing wear and we have had more little things break. But they will get a rebuild this summer.

What are guys going to seed. Stats canada has wheat canola and barley up and peas lentils down.

I would say peas are failing fast as our pulse group like the cash and isn’t addressing the elephant in the room. Disease! The 8 year rule works well and is better than pushing peas to new areas that haven’t grown them before. Maybe use the check off to help out with that.

Alberta is upping barley acres and if it’s a normal summer malt will be worthless in Sask as they pick off that market early.

Spring wheat is up and that is one good filler crop.

Canola acres up a bit but I think lots in the west side are back seeding canola since they have starter moisture.

We will loose acres this spring due to flooding of low areas that won’t go away to be seeded.

Locked in about a 1/4 of our crop for fall like I always do.

Canola seed and some treatments are arriving daily and well it’s almost May one it’s spring and another season is about to start.

Good luck all and stay safe.

Name:	IMG_4603.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	780436

Name:	IMG_4565.jpg
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	774984

Our area Tuesday morning.

Name:	IMG_4568.jpg
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	774985

Davidson Tuesday afternoon on my way home from a quick trip to Saskatoon.

Comment

Still need 4 windy days before I can walk around the shop without rubber boots.

May 12 might be a possibility if next weeks warm and windy forecast holds.

Comment

cheap wheat in Russia and Ukraine is our floor price not USA drought or other factors.

Comment

Remains cold and damp here. Lots of snow remains in the tree lines and water still running in most of the water runs.
          Will need a dramatic change in the weather to get in the fields in the first half of May.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
            Remains cold and damp here. Lots of snow remains in the tree lines and water still running in most of the water runs.
            Will need a dramatic change in the weather to get in the fields in the first half of May.
            Rain snow mix again today. Repeat of last year maybe. May 25 start and it was still too wet.

Comment

weighs in at 67000 lbs and you get a back up camera

Comment

50 above sure isn’t helping with the melt.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                  Can’t believe we’re only 15 miles apart
                  Can drive a 2 WD here most anywhere
                  Nothing out of all this forecasted rain/snow last few days

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    Can’t believe we’re only 15 miles apart
                    Can drive a 2 WD here most anywhere
                    Nothing out of all this forecasted rain/snow last few days
                    Carbon tax in action.

Comment

Hutterites filling the cart at Ft Sask yesterday. Was on a run for some pre burn chemical. They usually are going a week before us who are east of Elk Island park so there will be seeding around here mid to late next week. Might start end of next week but watching for weed growth as I do want a good burn down on the first field.

Comment

A few drills going up at lakes last night and this morning. Higher , well drained land .

Comment

One neighbour started on Monday, another neighbour on Tuesday. Certainly dry here. Very little to no runoff.

Comment

Harrows given er today as well in area. Trying to seal up what moisture is there

Comment

pig shit going down later this week

setting up weather station it’s cold but did hear frog croaking.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.